AGP Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP Problems

I just got a new Athlon 650 and Gigabyte GA-71X board. I have a Matrox G400 MAX DH. Anyways, I ran PCIList to see how everything was going (seeing what mode AGP was in etc etc) and I noticed that AGP is not enabled AT ALL. Well, I got the latest version of Powerstrip and forced it to use AGP, but why wouldn't it be enabled in the first place? Doesn't that seem strange? Oh well, if you have any ideas, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Sen

This may be one of those slap yourself up side the head and proclaim "wow, I could of had a V-8" questions, but did you install the AGP drivers for your motherboard?

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Hmm...well, I did, but when I ran setup, the setup screen would flash and then close. I'm not sure they installed correctly since I'm not sure what it does and so I can't check. What can I look for to make sure it's installed correctly?

Sen

Comment

Well, I figured out what the problem was. I was using a version of Windows Millennium (the next consumer Windows release) and it didn't like the AGP Miniport driver. So, I formatted and installed Windows 98. The driver works like a charm and I have AGP 2X and Sidebanding enabled. Woohoo! Thanks for your help.

Sen

Comment

Working...
        X