Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win won't boot with G400 drivers installed!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win won't boot with G400 drivers installed!?

I have a major problem with the G400 drivers now.
    I recently downloaded the 5.41 drivers for my G400 card, and installed them.
    Because of a problem with q3, which now is solved, I have reinstalled the drivers many times. Each time I used the uninstaller from matrox.
    But last time I installed the 5.41 drivers, I couldn't boot into windows. It loaded the icons allright, the I opened a program, then it froze. I rebooted, the same happened, except this time it froze as soon as it had loaded the icons. I rebooted, but this time it didn't even go completely into windows, it froze as soon as the windows wallpaper came up. Then I used safe mode, and I got into windows allright, uninstalled the 5.41 drivers, and rebooted. It worked fine. Then I installed the 5.41 drivers again, rebooted, it froze just as before. Okay, safe mode, uninstalled the drivers, once again I got into windows perfectly allright. This happens over and over again, with the drivers installed, it freezes when booting into windows. With only VGA drivers, I can get into windows, and it works perfectly, only at 16 colors though.
    I have tried installing the 5.30 drivers also, but it still freezes.
    What can I do, please help!

might be hardware conflict, try removing your other cards. At worst, go in safe mode and remove all display adapters and monitors from your device manager.

Comment

What kind of system do you have??? List some specifics.

Rags

Comment

Hi, thanks for the replys, the problem has been solved now.
        One of my friends deleted an entry from the registry, that the matrox uninstaller hadn't removed, and then I could reinstall the drivers without at problem!

Comment

Working...
        X