G200/BH6/D3D always corrupt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200/BH6/D3D always corrupt

I've been struggling with this configuration at work for over a year now, and have not mostly needed the Matrox card in 3D mode because I also have a Voodoo in the machine, but now it's become more pressing. The details are that with a Millennium G200 and an Abit BH6, the card runs flawlessly in any 2d mode. When I do any Direct3D, including MS's own DXDIAG test app, I get screwed-up triangles. On DXDIAG I get a spinning cube with the faces of the cube kind of splayed off funny; with real games I get spews of garbage triangles and usually a quick lockup, both in full-screen mode and windowed. This problem has persisted through mobo bios upgrades, G200 bios upgrades, W95 to W98 upgrade, of course a zillion attempts at driver upgrades (5.41 and counting), twiddling a couple of bios settings as in the FAQ, forcing AGP 1X.....

The amazing thing is that these are both common parts, so I'd expect them either to work or for other users to have had the same problem.

Furthermore, a couple of other machines in our office with similar configurations have trouble as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not just bad HW. Has anyone out there seen this specific symptom?

Thanks to anyone who can help...

Make sure you uninstall all of your voodoo drivers, and run the matrox uninstaller, then reinstall the new Matrox drivers.

Rags

Comment

OK -- I can't try anything until I get back to work next week, but I'll be sure and try de-installing the V2 drivers. I have tried simply removing the V2, but I did not sweep the system clean of thoese drivers when I did that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
      X