Matrox Santa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Santa

The matrox santa never delivered me w2k g400 drivers for Christmas. Maybe before the end of the millennium? Does anyone know what the status is? And please don't tell me Feb. 17.
    Asus K7V
    Athlon 700
    128mb PC133 HSDRAM
    Matrox Millennium g400max
    Adaptec 2940U2W
    IBM 9gb U2W
    Plextor 8/20 cdr
    Diamond MX300
    3com 905b-tx

i heard Feb 16th

Comment

There was a time when I thought all Windows 2000 posts should be booted over to the Soap Box, but we've seen quite a few legitimate technical support issues arise recently. Unfortunately, no one's been running the OS long enough to figure some of this stuff out. I think it's time for Matrox to appoint a couple of W2K beta testers with a fondness for adventure and a decent knowledge of NT.

This post, however, belongs in the Soap Box. The 5.0 beta drivers were released a very short time ago. We're just going to have to be patient and not expect miracles.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I've been running NT 5 since beta 2, must be close on 18 months now. You mean Matrox hasn't had drivers out long enough for anyone to figure out how to make them work! Actually, I thought the G200 program on beta 2 was moving along quite nicely, until some bright spark re-prioritised things and NT got dumped for 12 months.

I've come to the conclusion that the current drivers just don't work on multiple CPU systems, especially if you enable bus mastering. I hope Matrox broadens their private beta program a little, or keeps posting updated public beta drivers. I think they'll be lucky to have these drivers stable by Feb 17 with only the one public beta.

Paul

[This message has been edited by PaulS (edited 30 December 1999).]

Comment

Working...
        X