Dual Head in Win95?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Head in Win95?

Is there a way to enable Dual Head from a G400 32 MB in Win95? I am getting a dual monitor set-up at work (CPQ Deskpro 6000) running Win95. Unfortunately, I will be forced to use an Appian Geronimo Pro card for two monitors if I can't figure out a way to use the G400. I don't want to use this card if I don't have to. There will be many people using the Geronimo Pro card if I can't find a Matrox alternative.

In addition to the complication of using Win95, the AGP card form factor in this computer is shorter than a standard ATX case (NLX/NLX). Is there a G400 DH available in NLX/NLX form factor?

What makes the Geronimo card different?

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 28 December 1999).]

To answer your first question, it should be easy - it's a setting in Power Desk.

The answer to the second qusetion is: I don't know, actually. I was under the impression that all AGP cards fit all AGP slots, and if they don't fit the slot, it isn't AGP. However, I'm the first to admit that I don't understand thing one about all these new variants of the ATX form factor. Still, I can't see how the slots could be different, because no matter WHAT kind of case it is, all the slots should be standard.

Bill
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

It is my understanding that Win95 does not support dual monitors. (Although, I am far from an expert in dual monitors or Win95).

I was also told that the Appian Geronimo series are the only cards which are able to support Dual Monitors with Win95 (how? I don't know)

Pertaining to ATX and NLX, AGP add-on graphics boards exist in two form factors - NLX and ATX. These form factors are a result of the two different types of PCBs and brackets. The brackets can be NLX or ATX; the same goes for the PCB. The ATX factor can be made using two different configurations: 1) An ATX bracket with an ATX PCB; 2) An ATX bracket with an NLX PCB.

The NLX form factor can only be made using an NLX bracket with an NLX PCB. This is due to the fact that an NLX motherboard requires the "notch" on the PCB in order to create room for other components that reside on the motherboard near the AGP slot.

For related drawings see: http://www.matrox.com/mga/feat_story...gp_upgrade.htm

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 28 December 1999).]

Comment

Up

Comment

Win95 + G400 DH can do a subset of the dual monitor setup. It can do the dual head clone/zoom, or the DVDmax, but not a separate monitor with extra desktop space. I'm pretty sure you will have to go to w98 for that.

I've never worked with NLX form factor cases or cards, so I can't help you there.

Comment

Up

Comment

Working...
            X