No announcement yet.

BP6+G400+RR-G+SBLIVE +USR ISA= anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP6+G400+RR-G+SBLIVE +USR ISA= anyone?

I am wondering if someone with the same hardware profile, that has it working of course, could give me his precious IRQ and card position info...

RR-G is detected half the time, and I don't have the TV tuner working when it is. (Don't worry, I am using Win98, not NT.) The whole package is in a AX08 Aopen full tower with 300W power supply, and I also have a USR modem in the last ISA slot.

Boul: It's not neccesarily the 300 watt power supply that will do it. Often cheapo generic 250 watt supplies will work, but the problem really does sound like it's power supply related as it's exactly what happened with me before I swapped power supplies with my BP6. The BP6 (or any Abit board for that matter) does not power it's PCI slots well and you need a power supply that can compensate for Abit's shoddy engineering. If you can, try out other power supplies, or just trade up for an ASUS P2B-D (you'll lose Ultra-66, but the board is so much more stable and doesn't have this problem) However, if you swap power supplies eventually you should find one that works.

Comment

Working...
    X