• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GigaByte G400, a NON-Matrox G400 card

Look what i've found,
    http://www.giga-byte.com/gigabyte-we.../ga-mg400.htm,

A Gigabyte has a card with a G400 chip.
    But i think it only works with Gigabytes own mobos.

Marunga

This is nothing new. We've known about it for a couple of months.

And you are correct....it only works on certain Gigabyte brand motherboards (the card has no BIOS on it...it's on those specific mobos)
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Just how did they got the patent to manufacture it ?

(I think the news about the Gigabyte g400 hit the MURC front page in october)

Comment

They got Matrox's permission and specs by agreeing to make the card proprietary to their mobos, thus removing the threat of too much competition (I know I won't be buying any video card that is locked down to working on only a few mobos)
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Better late than ever.
          In October i was in my TNT2 fase, so didn't come here often. Now i'm back with Matrox.

Regards,
          Marunga

Comment

Its whats called a "design win" for Matrox...

Like every other graphics chip vendor, Matrox trys to sell chips to motherboard and OEM manufacturers in Asia, and Gigabyte is the first taker.

Comment

Working...
            X