G400 + Win2k + Easy CD creator 4 = Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 + Win2k + Easy CD creator 4 = Crash

I have the beta driver 5.0 for Windows 2000 installed. Whenever I start Adaptec EasyCD Creator 4.0 I get a bluescreen crash in g400d.dll . This happens on different builds of Windows 2000. Everything worked fine with the previous driver.

Does anyone have the same problem or even know how to fix it ? Thanks

edzel

I have exactly the same problem with Easy CD Creator 4 with the 5.00 beta drivers under Windows 2000.

I didn't bother trying to make it work, I simply use CDRWIN, Nero or FireBurner.

Comment

Hi,

Easy CD Creator 4 and Win2K have probs with just about every system together, just use a different prog.

Rags

Comment

EZCD4 crashes G400d.dll and has been doing that for a while (in alpha too). It's not Win2k - it's something in G400 drivers - it does work on Win2k in non-G400 systems. I wonder when Matrox gets around to looking into that - have filed a bug report on that one long long time ago

------------------
        P2c-300a/450, 192MB PC125 SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2GB 7200rpm, Panasonic 7502B x4/x8 Ultra SCSI CD-R, Tekram DC-390U2W Ultra2Wide SCSI controller, Diamond MX300 (Vortex2), Creative Labs AWE64 Gold Sound Blaster, Matrox Millennium G400Max, 19" Hitachi SuperScan 752, Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel and some other fancy stuff

P2c-300a/450, 256MB PC125 SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2GB 7200rpm, Panasonic 7502B x4/x8 Ultra SCSI CD-R, Tekram DC-390U2W Ultra2Wide SCSI controller, Diamond MX300 (Vortex2), Matrox Millennium G400Max, 19" Hitachi SuperScan 752, Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel and some other fancy stuff

Comment

MM,

It does work in non G400 systems, in fact it will work in G400 systems, but just as long as busmastering is disabled or the drivers aren't loaded. It will NOT work in other systems where you are using busmastering drivers. Try it with a TNT/TNT2 with the cracked drivers, or with a V3 and the beta drivers (which aren't publically released yet). This tells me that it is an Easy CD problem, especially since other progs work fine with anything.

Rags

Comment

I had a similar problem with adaptec easycd creator in win98SE. The HP8100i CD-Writer i have did not initialize at all. I couldn't figure it out, because the only thing i did was change my video card from a Diamond TNT2 Ultra to a G400 32MB DH. I went ahead and reformatted my drive and installed a fresh win98SE. No Luck. So i gave up and proceeded to download the WIN98SE Updates and lo and behold after getting the critical and recommended updates my cd writer worked. Go figure?

Anyway G400 Rocks.

Comment

ECDC will bluescreen in anything higher than 16 bit color with the beta drivers in Win2K. Same problem was encountered in NT4 drivers at version 4.22 and below.
              Workaround is to set color palette to 16 bits before opening ECDC4.0.

------------------
              =========================
              ABIT BP6, Dual Celeron 466's @525Mhz
              single stick of Kingston ECC registered PC100 256MB RAM
              Dual IBM C-71 17" monitors
              Matrox G400Max
              Seagate Cheetah 10k 9.1gb SCSI U2W drive
              Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller
              Maxtor 20 GB 7.2k UDMA66 IDE drive
              Plextor Ultraplex 40max SCSI CD player
              Seagate Scorpion SCSI DAT drive
              Creative SB AWE32 / LinkSys NIC / 300 watt power supply
              12 fans (including three stacked Nidek Blowers) / assorted external SCSI stuff.........
              WinNT4 SP5/WIN98/DOS 6.22

=========================
              <font size="1">ABIT VP6, Dual PIII 1.0Ghz's | 768 MB of Kingston RAM |
              Dual IBM C-71 17" monitors | Matrox G400Max | Seagate Cheetah 10k 9.1gb SCSI U2W drive | Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller | Maxtor 60 GB and 80GB 7.2k IDE drives | Plextor Ultraplex 40max SCSI CD player
              and Plexwriter 24/10/40a writer | Seagate Scorpion SCSI DAT drive | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | LinkSys NIC | <a href="http://lianli.com/11302001jcL_pc_case/jclpccase/jclpccase/pc70.html">Lian Lee PC-70USB Aluminum Tower </a> with 430 watt power supply
              | assorted external SCSI and USB stuff | WinXP Pro</font></font>

Comment

Working...
              X