Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k Reg Hack

Hello all...

Having gone through all the archives here it would seem that the major cause of problems with the G400 MAX is the x2 AGP mode. The fix for forcing X1 has been well documented and works well with my Win98 install (on a Dual Cely 550 / Abit BP6 combo).

The one remaining problem is Win2K.

I'm running build 2195 (Release To Manufacture version) and everything is fine as long as I leave Bus Mastering disabled. There are no IRQ clashes and everything else (Inc Win98 SE on dual boot) is fine.

OK I think, lets have a go a disabling x2 on Win2k as well.

Well to cut a long story short the registry entrys that work so well in 98 don't work at all in Win2k. I've done the standard format and fresh install etc and even tried the hack that allows 1280 x 960, (that doesn't take either so I believe this must be a driver / win2k issue). I've even checked and tried consecutive reg entries, 0000, 0001 etc.

Any suggestions on how to disable X2 and stop these lockups in 3D stuff?

The PC is dual boot with fresh installs of 98se and win2k final, 98 works win2k doesn't. Now with the fact that this is the release version of Win2k in mind all I can assume is it's a Matrox Driver issue and to wait and see if a newer driver gets released.

I know it could still be Win2k but I tend to think the chances are that Matrox are going to have to programme around any remaining bugs in Win2k rather than microsoft programming around any problems in the Matrox driver to make things work !

Any Suggestions?

Tim

Anyone??? Comon throw me something here.... *Grin*

Comment

Alright... This is one way to do it, but its not the solution you're hoping for.
      http://www.entechtaiwan.com/files/psbeta.exe

Start the program with the following command-line:

pstrip.exe /agp:1x x

(The last x tells the utility to exit immediately, after reconfiguring the transfer rate.)

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try.

cheers
        Tim

Comment

I have no clue about win2k, but if there is something like 'regedit', you might launch that and search for entries like the ones that are in the W9x reg-patches available from www.murc.ws ...

Cheers,
          Maggi
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

There is a regedit function, and it appears to be different than Windows 98's. I'm not sure if the path will be the same.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
            X