Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Head Display Not Precise

Hey guys... I've noticed something.

Well, for starters I've got a G400 Max, and when I use the dual head to display onto my 27" TV, I notice I don't get the exact same picture that's on the monitor. I've tried all the different DVDMax options and still can't get the exact same picture to show up. For instance, if I'm watching A Bug's Life (in widescreen or full format), if there are a bunch of ants lined up side by side, an ant or two will be missing, or half a face, etc...

Has anybody else noticed this? Is there some settings that should get me the EXACT same picture? I want to experience the films they way they were meant to be... Not the way my hardware will allow me.

Thanks.

i know depending on your TV, there can be quite a bit of overscan (the amount of the picture that is hidden off the sides of the tv) taping a bit of video, then playing it back on someone elses tv?
    any help

on some tv's like my philips widescreen then you can shrink or grow the pic as you see fit. do you have this option?
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Hey... That I know of I don't have that option... To zoom in or out...

As for the difference, I'll try it out on another TV... Just sorta a pain to lug TV's around the house... heh...

Has anybody else found this to be so when outputting to a TV though? Not quite the image you see on the monitor?

Comment

I have the same thing on my tv. The image that is displayed on the monitor will always have more things in it that the tv. I have tried all the settings i could find and nothing changes. I also have a hollywood+ dvd card and it is exactly the same. I think it must be related to my tv rather than the computer. I have noticed that some tvs crop the images morwe than others even on terrestial tv broadcasts. I was watching a relatives tv and the whole of the left hand side of the screen was missing! I was looking at a scoreboard at the time and i could not see any of the numbers up the left hand edge. I have not noticed the same on my tv although it is the same make and almost the same model. You will usually find though that on the dvd there is normally not much information there that you'd miss it anyway.

------------------
        p3 450@600. bx6 ver 2. 128mb unbranded pc100. iwill 2930u scsi, diamond pro pci modem, advansys 1505 isa scsi, SB Live!, pioneer dvd103s, hollywood plus dvd card, plextor 40x cd rom, ricoh 1420 cdr, ibm 13.5gb @ 7200rpm, G400 @ max settings. All wrapped up in a big case with loads of fans. Belinea 10 30 40 17" monitor

1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
        Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
        Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

Comment

Isn't there an option to customize the TV settings in width, height and position ???

I thought there was one in the adv. display properties/monitor/adjust different/1024x768@PAL/NTSC or whatever ...

Go and have a look if that suites your needs.

Cheerio,
          Maggi
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

From the sounds of it, you're describing overscan.

Waaay back in the day, the Amiga line of computers could use the overscan area for display (Analog RGB, I think), so you could set the Workbench to use the extended, and possibly not visible area of overscan, or set it to the default of not using the overscan area.

You _may_ be able to shrink down the picture so that the overscan area fits on the screen. I haven't seen a TV that can do it, but then again, I haven't used a TV set in a while. Or, you can at least check to see that the picture is spilling over into overscan by moving the center of the image on the TV. If you've got a Commodore 1084 monitor, you can move the h-position dial to see the overscan area (never knew you were missing part of your TV shows, did you?).

The Creative DXR3 allows you to change the width and horizontal position of the video window. Anyone try shrinking it below the boundaries to see if it shrinks the TV image so that it all fits on the TV?

Just my $0.02.

[This message has been edited by IceStorm (edited 28 December 1999).]
            The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
            The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
            The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Working...
            X