Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrox Overclock causing distorted picture - Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Overclock causing distorted picture - Help!

Hi everyone,

I have a G200 8 Meg SGram. I bought it about 15 months ago, and when I started overclocking it 3 months ago, I glued a 486 fan to the G200's heatsink. I've had fine overclocking performance until a problem has starting happening in the last week or so.

Recently Matrox Overclock has been causing distortion (artifacts) whenever I use it. The more I overclock, the more it distorts the picture. At high overclock rates (above 110 Mhz), the picture becomes completely unrecognisable - rather like snow on an untuned TV, except the distortion takes the form of manic scambled lines, and I have to reboot since it fails to recognise any keyboard input. Before this problem happened, I had no problem in running the chip at up 120 Mhz (I even put it at 115 for a whole day to see if the chip could handle it, which it did).

Any ideas on how to solve this? I hardly ever overclock the chip - mostly when I play games or when I'm benchmarking (both not very often). Please don't tell me that my days of overclocking with this card are over!!

Thanks,
    Celeron 300A @ 450, Matrox G200 (5.52), Seagate 9.1GB IDE, Asus P2B, 128Mb PC100 Ram.

Your days of overclocking with that card are over!!

No really, don't overclock (that high) anymore.

Comment

But I can't even o/c by 5Mhz without some artifacts appearing. Is it really the end of my G200's overclocking days? If it is, than so be it. However, if there's a way to fix this problem, I'm all ears.....
      Celeron 300A @ 450, Matrox G200 (5.52), Seagate 9.1GB IDE, Asus P2B, 128Mb PC100 Ram.

Comment

Working...
      X