Can a RRG handle 37MHz PCI Speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a RRG handle 37MHz PCI Speed?

I'm planing to overbuss to 112 MHz and vould like to know if the RRG can handle the 37MHz buss sped of the PCI?

------------------
    INTEL PIII450 MSI 6163
    G200Mill 16MB SDRAM + RRG
    SBlive
    128 MB RAM
    19GB HDD Space!

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

I had my RR-S on Mystique 220 running at 37MHz bus for half a year without any problems. Well, I assume RR-G should be no worse in this respect.

Comment

Yes, I had no stability problems with 41.5 too.

Grigory

Comment

Thank you all so Much!

By the way...
        Grigory what kinf of HDD('s) do you have?
        My old fujitsu always went canibal at that pci speed!

------------------
        INTEL PIII450 MSI 6163
        SBlive
        128 MB RAM
        19GB HDD Space!

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

An old Fujitsu drive (MPB 4.3, I think -- purchased 1.5 years ago) was exactly what I had running at 37 MHz bus with no probs.

Comment

Oh, my work with 41.5 also ended with Fujitsu drive purchase...
            I bought celeron 333 and failed to go for 100/3 PCI speed. Then, 83/2 was not workking with Fujitsu. I replaced Celeron to 300a and it works fine at 450/464. PCI is at ~33 now for one year.
            75 MHz FSB is usually safe clock for all devices.

WD and Seagate drives were fine at 83/2.

Grigory

Comment

Well....
              It seems that i can't overclock anyway!
              It is that it crashes at once, its more like its crashes when it has had enough!
              It ran Stability test for an hour without a hitch and aftervards a couple of rounds of Final Reality (im torturing a cpu not a gfxcard)but when my sister was to play SC3000 it gave upp!
              It had had 20 min of coling down!
              it never went higher than 35 degres celcius!
              Anyway 54 MHz isnt that much of an improvment!
              I can probably get an 700MHz in a couple of month for the same as i gave for this!
              BUT THANKS For all the god advices!

------------------
              INTEL PIII450 MSI 6163
              SBlive
              128 MB RAM
              19GB HDD Space!

Comment

Working...
              X