G400 is not recognized in my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 is not recognized in my computer

Merry Christmas to everyone in murc forums!

I have a problem with my G400 and would like anyone to give me some ideas.

My system:
    K6-2 350MHz
    Magic-Pro VIP4L; Chipset VIA Apollo MVP3+686A
    64M PC-100 ram
    Panasonic CDR and Pioneer DVD rom

I have finally decided to replace my old Matrox Mystique 4M (PCI) and got myself G400 16M SH version.
    Problem starts as soon as I install G400 on my computer. My computer fails to show anything on screen as if no videocard were installed on my computer (I said this because my computer gave me the same long beep sound when no videocard is placed in the computer).
    Then I looked up the Matrox website and tried to change the AGP aperture size (don't know what it is) to 128M (My BIOS is the latest and does not allow me to increase further to 256M). But still no luck.
    I have run out of ideas as to what else I can do.

I did uninstall previous drivers but I don't think it is where the problem is. Because my computer just fails to start up as soon as I power up my computer.

Your help is very much appreciated.

As far as I know, the dreaded "no video" beeps signify two things: your board isn't properly aligned in the slot or your board is defective.

The G400 can be difficult to seat properly. Give it a good push. This is not an unusual problem. Many of us have struggled with it.

Using the traditional fixes, other than getting it properly aligned in the slot, isn't going to work for a "no video" error. If other boards work in your machine, and if you get the opportunity to test your G400 in a friend's machine and it still doesn't work, then you probably have a defective board.

Good luck.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
    X