Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 DH Max and.... what motherboard?

Hi guys!

... I have massive problems to get my G400max to run... I've posted my message earlier in the night...

Now, I tend to blame my motherboard (PC100 chips M726) for this and I might simply swap it with another one.... but which one?...

... I don't need further trouble with the graphics card - mainboard combination... have you got any really really positive experience with installing your G400 max and it just started working within a couple of minutes?

... oh yes, I've got a PII 400, but the motherboard should be upgradeable to a PIII at a later stage...

Thx a lot guys... and... if you have any idea to solve my problem without buying a new motherboard, please drop me a line.. u'll find my message just a couple of lines further down the list....

cheerio

Jack

------------------
    [GAS]Jack
    [GAS]Jack

Tell more about your system
    1, Do you want UDMA66?
    2, Any ISA cards?
    3, Do you want to overclock?
    chuck

------------------
    ABit BF6 w/ Celery 333@500, 128mb gh@cas2, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@3.0, noname CDRom@40x, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Acatel 1000 ADSL@1.5mb/sec, Princeton EO75@1024x768x32x85hz, USB mouse,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Hi Chuck,

thx for your response!... hmmm... I couldn't wait and I got one mobo from a local dealer... is was an "impulse buy" as I had only 10 min. to decide whether to buy it or to wait a week.... (xmas-period)... the dealer promissed me to give me a refund if I don't get the g400max to work...
      so... i got myself a Legend QDI motherboard (BrillianX Series 1S/2000 with Intel 440BX chipsets)... hope this will do...

I'll try to solve the problem with my old mobo this night... if i'll be unsuccessful, I'll swap the mainboards tomorrow...
      will let u know how it went... (fingers crossed)...

happy Xmas to you.... and cu l8er...
      jack

------------------
      [GAS]Jack
      [GAS]Jack

Comment

Hi Chuck,

I swaped my previous mainboard (PC100 M726) with the Legend QDI BrillianX 1S/2000... and the installation of the G400 DH Max was like a sweet dream.... it worked straight away...

The Matrox Helpdesk speculated that the neverending problem with my old mobo was that the Ali chipset didn't like the G400... and so, the G400 refused to report to duty....

... so .... now I am really really happy.... and only the installation of the SB Live! and the network card is left to do.... no problemo.... hehe...

Cheers,

Jack

------------------
        [GAS]Jack
        [GAS]Jack

Comment

Working...
        X