LCD Digital Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Digital Output

Does or will G400 have the ability to output a digital signal to an LCD monitor (similar to the number nine and SGI combo)?

http://shop.matrox.com/usa/products/...eet.asp?id=107
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Excellet. Thanks for the info.

One more question: What LCD monitors work with this? I have been researching LCD monitors, and only SGI and IBM seem to take a digitial input.

Comment

All I know is what it says on that page:

* Monitor must support the DVI 1.0 spec and EDID 1.2 or 2.0.

All I can suggest is checking the specs on the flat panels you are looking at to make sure they meet these requirements...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Other suppliers of digital LCD include:
          Viewsonic e.g. VPD150, VP151
          and Princeton

I believe DVI is backwards compat with older digital standards such as DFP - when used with an appropriate cable.

The VP151 is a 15in LCD that allows both analog and digital input (apparently it can be simultaneously connected to one digital & 2 analog PCs and it provides a Picture in Picture facility). Viewsonic tell me it will work with Matrox DVI using a DVI to DFP cable included with the monitor.

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by shrike (edited 24 December 1999).]

Comment

Working...
          X