G400+Soyo SY6BA+4...Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400+Soyo SY6BA+4...Help!

ok...i have just built a new system. my G400 MAX isn't being reconized. i have tried about anything i can think of, and have gotten some funny results. my vanilla G400 will not work either. but i have tried a banshee card and an ATI Rage Fury card and they both work fine. i know that neither of my G400's are bad cards because they work flawlessly in my other system.

everything else works on my the one i am building, just the video card is not reconized. here is the rest of my system

Pentium 3 500
    Soyo SY-6BA+4
    128MB PC133 HSDRAM
    G400 32MB Dualhead and/or G400 MAX 32MB Dualhead
    Viewsonic PF790 19"
    IBM 22GXP 13GB ATA-66
    Pioneer 10x DVD
    Sound Blaster Live! Platinum

Thanks...

Make sure the AGP speed isn't overclocked..

Comment

k...i will check on that and get back to you...what should the speed be set at?

anyways, what would the speed matter if the other cards worked?

Comment

k, i checked it. it is set at "Auto=66MHz"

Comment

bump...i would really like to play Unreal Tournament.

Comment

Hi Cole, by saying "not recognized," what exactly do you mean? Does the system boot to windows, is the display trashed, does the video die when your in 3D mode? If you give me a little more information I'll do my best to help you out.

------------------
            Asus P3B-F1, PIII 600B, 128Mb PC133 RAM, 18.2 KA drive, HP CDRW & Travan drive, SB64PCI, Intel EPro+ PnP NIC, G400.
            Nothing sadder than seeing a beautiful theory getting slammed by an ugly fact!

Comment

it loads into windows just fine, but only uses the standard vga drivers. when i run the setup on the matrox cd, when it comes time for me to chose my card, there are none listed.

oh well, it doesn't matter now. i had to kind of "force-load" the drivers on there. it seems to work fine now.

thanks to everyone that helped me.

and PS: Hi Kruzin! you prolly don't remember me. i used to hang around at the shark tank, but have moved to the baitshop.

Comment

Working...
              X