Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D shutter glasses....are they any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D shutter glasses....are they any good?

I've been looking at a few different stereoscopic 3d glasses that claim to work with direct 3d games. Does anyone know if they are any good and what kind is the best?

well....anyone...are they any good?

Comment

I have used the H3D shutter glasses for about 18 months, until recently I had SLI voodoo2s installed to get the best framerate & 3d quality. The newest drivers from Metabyte now support my g400 non-max & the quality exceeds the voodoo2 output so they have been removed.

I always use the 3d glasses for driving games & some FPS, compatability has been excellent with most games working straight off & if I fiddle with a config file I can get even better 3d at risk of disrupting cockpit graphics - as I always use the bonnet view it doesnt worry me that the drivers view is distorted. Some games I use the glasses for are : toca 1&2, midtown madness, starwars racer, rally championship, colin mcrae, halflife & mods (counterstrike is too cool, like watching an action movie , quake2, some quake3 (awkward to get running, not sure this is reliable) & others I cant see on my desktop just now.
      I have a spare set of glasses so spectators at Lan events don't have to bug me about getting a look, there is a lot of interest over here in Aus but they are difficult to source locally at reasonable cost. I have seen the Asus 3d shutter glasses on TNT2 but did not think the display quality was as nice as i am acustomed to so spent little time on them.

As you can see these get 2xthumbs up from me, especially if you can find the H3D / Eye-Scream kits lying around at good prices. It literally adds a new dimension to the gaming experience.

Comment

Working...
      X