Dagoth Moor Zoological Gardens - available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dagoth Moor Zoological Gardens - available for download

<a href="http://www.3dfiles.com/utility/dagothmoorzoologicalgardens.shtml" target="_blank">Dagoth Moor Zoological Gardens</a> has been available for a day or so now, but seeing how nobdoy has mentioned it, I thought I'd pass it on.

The sticker says GeForce only, but many are proving them wrong!
    Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

actually i was going to post on this i have a bp6 with two 567's and a g400 32 overclocked to max specs and it runs great 800x600 32 bit color in windows 2000 but will not run in win98 se.i installed the latest version of directx7a no help!wierd

Comment

so did you get all the lag i did when turning around and sometimes a longer lag for moving to somewhere???

Athlon 500
      MSI 6167
      64 SDRAM
      G400 Vanila 16MB

Comment

so did you get all the lag i did when turning around and sometimes a longer lag for moving to somewhere???

Athlon 500
        MSI 6167
        64 SDRAM
        G400 Vanila 16MB

Comment

Nope, I don't get the lag. Wierd how it won't run under 98, it really only needs DX7.
          Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Matrix, like I said, add another 64 megs to that beast!

------------------
            Designer of the first commercial Athlon mod. Currently marketing the "Eclipse" through AZZO Computers.
            Anyone up for an Eclipse'd Athlon 850? Email me (epc@netdirect.net) for more information

2836 mips, 1.107 gflops @ 850 mHz 1:3 latency
            CPUmark99 72.3
            FPU Winmark 4630

3Dmark 99 Max (8x6 16, 16, triple) PD5.41
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

or just add a ... no, I won't tempt fate hehe

64MB is a little on the low side by 1997 standards, just wait for 1999! B)

Comment

I know i had to but Rams in Singapore is from S$115 to S$135, a huge jump in prices, kinda unstable huh. Will get another 64 RAM later...

So 128MB RAM does the trick that deals with all the lag i am facing??? isn't not??? Please enlighten me! Anyone with the same specs with me but having 128 RAM have no lags???

Comment

It runs really smooth on my system with 256MB RAM.

Paul

------------------
                  P3-616(112x5.5), ABIT BE6, 256MB PC100, MILL G400 MAX-32MB on BNC, Quantum3D Obsidian2 X-24 on D-sub, IBM Deskstars 18GB ATA/66 and 13.5GB ATA/66, 21"Trinitron, SCSI CDR/RW, SCSI ZIP,SB Live!Value,USR Voice Faxmodem Pro(USB Ext),Epson 1520 printer,Umax1200S scanner,WN98 all in a Addtronics 7896A case and a (Not so Messy Desk) ;-P

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I bet, but 128 MB does the trick too. I got a pretty decent average of about 20fps at 960x720x32.

Adventurous thingy that demo, much freedom of movement. The 7 year old kid in me could not be held from swimming up the waterfall, to make a fast descent using the run key...

[This message has been edited by Scytale (edited 23 December 1999).]
                    P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Well, if my system wasn't in the oven that is, Australia, I would have run some benches. The ambient temp was 29°C at 11pm, and the temp in my case was 41°C/105°F that night, which as you can imagine, is crash territory for just about any component.

Unless you really want to know, I won't tell you the res and framerates I was running it at, we don't want to stir up the "Biased benchmark" crowd again.

DMZG made me motion sick for the first time since I started playing quake2 back on a Voodoo1 in 1996. The detail levels are astonishing, pressing F1 reveals the wire frame, hooly dooly, the screen is just about black with polygons in some cases!

Comment

Working...
                      X