Confirmed by Matrox Support: 5.41 powerdesk IS NOT DX7 optimized drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed by Matrox Support: 5.41 powerdesk IS NOT DX7 optimized drivers

Here is the response I got from a friend in Matrox Tech support to my question of whether or not the 5.41 drivers were the elusive DX7 drivers:

No such animal for the current drivers.

We are working on DX7 optimizations for a future driver (minus the T&L rumours) but don't know which PD version that will be.

Unfortunatly I asked him how long we would have to wait and he said that it might be quite a while

------------------
    ***TRUST IN YOUR TECHNOLUST***
    <A HREF="http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    " TARGET=_blank>http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    </A>

Just in time for the release of DX8 if we are lucky..

_
    B

Comment

Buuri you are to optimistic.
      My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
      --------------
      I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
      (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
      Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

The BBs are testing early versions of these drivers (5.5x).
        They are coming along nicely, but definatly not ready for public consumption yet...
        (and plz don't ask for benchmarks or release dates...you know we can't do that )
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Will there be a performance gain in, let's say, UT (A directX7 game)? Will that be 1%, 10% or 50%?

Comment

Working...
          X