Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 .18 Micron = G450

I Want a G450. =)

Just read that on Anandtech and iXBT. Any clues about core/mem MHz ? =) http://www.ixbt-labs.com/news.shtml there is a link to a korean site..

Pe-Te

Btw, just tested TurboGL at 450MHz, scores went up quite nicely, witch was nice. =)

----------
    C300A@450/463, 128Mb PC100, 21Gb HD, Matrox G400MAX, Hitatchi 19" + Nokia 15", DVD, FF Wheel and lots of other stuff. =)

well ..I would be more happyer for T&L then this... .18micron..

------------------
    PIII450@465,P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live !(value),IntelliMouse Explorer (yahoooo! no fu..hm hm. ball any more ...)

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

I doubt that there will be T&L if it's done with dx7. T&L in dx7 is not complete and won't even be forward compatable to the next dx version which will have a full blown new T&L api.

Hehe, guess the geforce is screwed

SwAmPy

Comment

Why do you guys think that G400 can't do hardware T&L?... Who said it can't?...

Comment

Ummm... well, it's not advertised or listed anywhere in any of the Matrox tech info on the G400 series cards, and I'm sure that they'd have broken the secret by now if it did have this capability (since nVidia is using T&L to trump up the GeForce as the best thing since sliced bread right now).

------------------
          Ace
          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
          Gainward Ti4600
          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Nvidia also said that there would be titles available by xmas with T & L. Where are they? Truth is, the graphic guys know that there is a full blown T&L API coming out with DX8 sometime late next year and that's what they will be aiming for. I would like to see Nvidia's claims put to the test once that T&L api comes out and they will have to do most if not all T&L acceleration thru software.

SwAmPy

Comment

Can't they just change/fix the driver when the full API gets out?

I am pretty sure that there will be ALOT of pissed GeSpot users if the card would be trash on DX8.

We should not look away from the huge amount of games currently using GeSpot. Games like: TreeMark, 3D Mark 2K, ... ... and and AND ???

That's about it

------------------
              Cya,
              J.

"Unix can be a cynical Operating System for a person whos mind is limited to a Windows user interface"

System specs:
              AMD Athlon 600mhz, 256MB RAM, Matrox Millenium G200 (PD5.41), Nothing O/C.
              Running Windows 98SE & Redhat Linux 6.1

Cya,
              J.

"Unix can be a cynical Operating System for a person whos mind is limited to a Windows user interface"

System specs:
              AMD Athlon 600mhz, OEM FIC SD11, 192MB RAM, Matrox Millenium G200 (PD5.41), Nothing O/C.
              Running Windows 98SE & Linux Mandrake 7

Comment

The G400 can do T&L but I doubt it would be at any sort of speed you'd want to use.

Comment

OK, first off, this is nothing but a bunch of jealous Matrox owners trying to feel good about themselves.

T&L support through DX8 on the GeForce (Or ANY other card with T&L) is just a matter of drivers. Let's just say for a moment that they are right about DX8 not being backwards compatible (This is complete BS BTW, I work on the DX develpment team at Microsoft, and I GARANTEE you it IS backwards compatible.)

BUT, just for the sake of arguement, let's say that it is not. All Nvidia would have to do is create some drivers that convert the DX8 API calls to the appropriate hardware commands.

That's it.

That is all that has to be done with ANY API and ANY hardware.

All ANY API is is simply a translator. The API tells the drivers what the program is saying, and it tells the program what the hardware is doing.

From the hardware side, all they have to do is make drivers that talk to the API.

From the programs side, all it has to do is make command calls to the API.

There is no reason in the world why hardware would not be compatible with an API. All it needs is the appropriate drivers.

Where do you people come up with these rediculous RUMORS?

Comment

Where at Anandtech did you read that review. I can't find it.

There is also no sign so far of the review at iXBT that I can see. can you link directly to it?

[This message has been edited by Godin (edited 20 December 1999).]
                    Hmmmm, Interesting.

Proud owner of a Guillimot 3D Prophet!!! Oh Yeah!!!

Comment

Hey (Da-) Man ! Its our Board, we do what we want here ....

And you point is??

------------------
                      PIII-450@504, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!,Brand stinkin' new Sony G400 19", (no Dual head) Nokia 447Xi 17", and some fish,

Comment

[This message has been edited by ChickenSoup (edited 20 December 1999).]

Comment

Da-Man is right (and especially qualified to answer on this subject). It's ridiculous to say that hardware can only perform under a certain API. If the card can do something (i.e. has hardware support for a feature), then it can do it, period. The API just has to support calls for said feature.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hey,

He may be the authority on DX, but maybe not on hardware. I'm not an authority on either, but from what I understand... the geforce was designed to accelerate T&L in DX7, which has a "lite" T&L engine. So when Microsoft releases the newer T&L eninge in DX8, the Geforce will accelerate some T&L in hardware and the rest in software (ie back to the CPU).

Now that's just my understanding on what people may mean or get by saying the Gefore won't work on DX8. But i could be wrong.

Da-man said

OK, first off, this is nothing but a bunch of jealous Matrox owners trying to feel good about themselves.
                            Ok, well let me say this: If you are going to work for a major software development firm, and then you are going to SAY that you are working for said software development firm... then I would appreciate you act a little more professional.

I spent a good deal of money on this video card AND on the software on which it runs (much of that coming from your company). So I really don't appreciate a member of that company (which I have spent so much money to support) calling me "jealous" and saying that i'm "try to feel good about myself". If I had a way to contact your bosses, I would tell them of your "mightier than thou" behaviour and disrespect and demand some sort of apology.

But, Microsoft is so powerful and reckless, they don't care what they do or who they piss off.. including their customers.

------------------
                            Abit BH6, Celeron 450, Matrox G400 32mb "MAX", 256mb ram, IBM 10GB, DVD 5x, MX300, Creative Labs DTT 2500

Abit BH6
                            Celeron 450
                            Matrox G400 32mb "MAX"
                            256MB PC100 RAM
                            IBM 10GB 7200rpm HDD
                            Creative Labs DVD 5x
                            Mitsumi 4x/2x/8x CD-RW
                            Monster Sound MX300
                            USR 56K Modem
                            ADi 6P (19" Monitor)
                            Windows ME

Comment

Enter Redhat
                              jim
                              System 1:
                              AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                              Epox 8K7A
                              2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                              an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                              SBLIVE 5.1
                              Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                              IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                              Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                              3Com Hardware Modem
                              Teac 20/10/40 burner
                              Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Working...
                              X