G400 TV out initilization question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 TV out initilization question

Can the G400 boot directly to a TV display without a montinor being connected to the primary crt controller, or is the secondary port dependent on the primary. I have a unique requirement to be able to boot directly to a TV without a monitor being connected. If the G400 max can do this I plan to get one pretty quick - - any thoughts--

-Thanks in advance-

I'm not sure if you can do this with the single head G400, but you can with the dual head G400.

Setup the the dual head as a "clone" of the primary display and use the secondary video connector to the TV. It is a Windows only dual head so you won't see the BIOS POST or anything else until Windows is up and it initializes the second head.

Comment

... unless you enable DOS TV out in the G400 BIOS.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I was wondering, if you guys enable Dos TV output, does the first screen when starting up your pc, when checking the Cpu & ram, does it look all weird and corrupted?
        -=And May The Schwartz Be With Ya=-

Comment

When enabling tv-out for dos I get, corruption on the post screen, but it dissapears after a few seconds, I can certainly enter the bios ok with no corruption

Comment

Using tv-out with no monitor attached will work using the second head in clone mode. But as soon as you have no monitor on head 1, booting windows98 results in a display resolution of 640 x 480, I can't access 800 x600 or 1024 x 768 anymore. Windows must know there isn't a monitor attached and reset to standard 640 x 480 vga. Anyone know a workaround? I've tried uncheacking detect plug n play monitor, also setting monitor type to 800 x 600 or television but always defaults to 640 x 480 arrggghh

Comment

Moleman, Yes, I bet everyone sees this corruption until the Matrox BIOS executes its POST. See my comments from an earlier thread.

Kruzin mentioned that GBM might know more about the DOS TV out setting, but I never heard anything back from him. I've yet to get around to pouring through some of the developer resources, etc., to see what I can gleam out of them.

[This message has been edited by xortam (edited 20 December 1999).]
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

You guys actually get good quality on your TV-out that you can go without a monitor? I get crappy quality.

Comment

Working...
                X