Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Hang in games

Hi people!
    I have read many forums and seen how people get their problems solved by following directions from helpful experts.
    I am trying my luck now.
    My system configuation:
    Matrox Millenium G400 Single head
    MAxtor Diamondmax plus 6800 13.6gb
    Prolink Modem V.90
    Aureal 3D sound card
    -------------------------

I play half life. But it hangs randomly quite frequently.
    And there is a certain part of the game that it always hang.
    Sometimes, when I change video settings at the main manual, it also hang.
    No problem faced when using Software rendering.
    Tried OpenGL and Direct3D rendering but no use.
    Got latest drivers for graphic card with TurboGL, latest Bios for Graphic card, latest drives for mobo.
    But always like this.
    2D no prob at all.
    Ran 3Dmark 2000 without prob.
    3Dmark 99 hang once at the race.
    3Dmark 99 also hang once at the demo when it reached the race.
    Rainbow six always hang at the Blue Sky operation when planning the map.
    Maxtor is very good as far as I know, but cannot exploit its power. VEry desperate.
    Please help me to your fullest.

Thanks a lot people.

I had the same problem with my card on an Asus P2L97. Random locks, but only when using direct3d or opengl. I ended up replacing the motherboard with an Abit BH6(after trying all the settings I could think of and trying a new card with the same results).

Another thing, in my experience the Asus K7 board has been a huge pain in the arse. Make sure you are running the newest AGP patch, and make sure that single jumper has your ram running at 3.5v not 3.6v, that has solved a lot of the problems that i have run into with that board.

Warchild

Comment

alot of pepole are haveing problems with the a3d sound card cuaseing lockups and other problems (amdzone tech forum) more noticeable with a k7 system. useing the latesr refrence drivers seems to help in most cases fixes the problem completely. (but in my case it did not i had a xitil platnum storm sound card.)if the ref drivers don't help try removeing the sondcard and see if your problem goes away. i picked up a live IM NOT 100% sure the sound card was my problem read help sos mayday to get the full story. but try pulling your a3d sound card see what happens.
      msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
      it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Thanks guys. But Warchild, I am interested to know:
        YOu replaced the motherboard or you bought a new one?
        I will be trying out merchant's suggestion. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X