Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DX 7a is out may help with compatibility and sound cards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX 7a is out may help with compatibility and sound cards!

Hey all... just seen this up a Microcrap!

Cheers!
    www.microsoft.com/directx/homeuser/downloads/default.asp

It's supposed to fix Usb and controller problems. When Tiger woods works very slowly with my usb zip loaded and the steering wheel calibration is funny I'll see if this upgrade fixes it.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

One other USB problem it will (hopefully) fix is the installation on Win95 OSR2.1 with USB support. DX7 flatly refuses to install claiming "not on this operating system".

The fix is simple: uninstall the USB update, reboot, install DX7, reinstall USB (if you need it).

The cause appears to be the version numbering:

KERNEL32.DLL 4.00.1111 (without USB)
      KERNEL32.DLL 4.03.1163 (with USB)

and the installer is having a fit over the 03.

Ian.

Comment

I installed it last night and played UT for about 2hrs without any problems. I do feel that the game was a little bit smoother espiecially in very heavy fighting situations. Framerates according to the timedemo stats are up about 5-10%.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

DirectX 7a just updates the Direct Input driver to build number 0716. So if you have no problem with Direct Input, DX7a is useless.

Asus P3B-F, PIII-750 OC'd 900Mhz, 256MB PC133SDRAM, 2.0V, Stock Cooler, Matrox Millennium G400MAX, IBM DeskStar 60GB, Sound Blaster Live!, Cambridge Soundworks FPS1800, ViewSonic 17' PF775.

Comment

This is what Microsoft had to say about the update.

"DirectX 7.0a is an update to DirectX 7.0, providing improved force feedback performance and the best compatibility with today's input devices. This latest version of DirectX also offers excellent graphics, faster frame rates, and more immersive audio when running and displaying programs rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, video, 3-D animation, and surround sound."

Joel
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

So, basically the best thing since sliced bread?

Got to love marketing departments...

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 18 December 1999).]

Comment

Working...
              X