Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any MatroxUsers want to contribute to a Nvidia-vs-Matrox-Jerry-Springer-Throwdown?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any MatroxUsers want to contribute to a Nvidia-vs-Matrox-Jerry-Springer-Throwdown?

Hey,

I'm not sure if any of ya'll read Ars Technica, but one of the threads has a good Nvidia vs Matrox argument going. So if you're bored or just looking to fight, head on over to:
    http://forum.arstechnica.com/forum/u...ML/001736.html

(Hope that link works )

------------------
    Abit BH6, Celeron 450, Matrox G400 32mb "MAX", 256mb ram, IBM 10GB, DVD 5x, MX300, Creative Labs DTT 2500

Abit BH6
    Celeron 450
    Matrox G400 32mb "MAX"
    256MB PC100 RAM
    IBM 10GB 7200rpm HDD
    Creative Labs DVD 5x
    Mitsumi 4x/2x/8x CD-RW
    Monster Sound MX300
    USR 56K Modem
    ADi 6P (19" Monitor)
    Windows ME

Good God! Can't believe I actually posted in that dogfight! Remains to be seen if I get out without being singed!

But the Sherrif is gonna lock and move this thread...so...

Hey! I gotta G200 16mb and it's locking up..blahblahblah..

NOW we qualify.

Comment

Hey EchoWars, Just reseat the friggn thing.

Oh!!! Hi Kruzin...LOL

Pauly
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Hmmm... guess ya'll are right. This is more "soapbox" material, isn't it? I keep forgetting it's there.
        Abit BH6
        Celeron 450
        Matrox G400 32mb "MAX"
        256MB PC100 RAM
        IBM 10GB 7200rpm HDD
        Creative Labs DVD 5x
        Mitsumi 4x/2x/8x CD-RW
        Monster Sound MX300
        USR 56K Modem
        ADi 6P (19" Monitor)
        Windows ME

Comment

The fact that such a mudfight could take place, despite the fact that the GeForce is a next generation board, is a testament to the G400's staying power and that the first edition GeForce may be a bit of a scam. I think the T&L feature is not particularly compelling at this point (there's just not enough support), and this first version of the GeForce won't be especially compelling when T&L becomes a useful feature. It just didn't raise the performance bar high enough.

I also think it's interesting that the G400 appears to be replacing the Voodoo3 in "The Great nVidia/3dfx Holy War." Poor 3dfx. I genuinely hope they do better next time.

Such a nice post from SPSUguy in defense of The Cause.

I like the "smut looks better on a G400" post, not so thinly disguised as a "DVD's/Nicole Kidman" looks better on a G400" post.

Well, if this wasn't a Soap Box thread to start with, it certainly is now.

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
            X