Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400 card initialisation, anyone know how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 card initialisation, anyone know how?

I have been looking into programming the G400. Documentation from Matrox is very good in general. However I can not initialise the card (without using the BIOS)

I followed exactly the proceedure described. The register values which are not given were taken from the PINS (as read by mxinfo ). However the framebuffer loses its contents

If anyone can help or has any code which initialises the G400 then I would be extremely grateful if you can contact me.

Thankyou,

Mark Watson

Why don't you use the BIOS for initialization? It can be done under any programming environment, just switch to V86 and run the init routine. This is the method used by the pmode environments I know.

Comment

I am programming under BeOS. This runs in 32-bit protected mode. AFAIK you can't switch to v86? I thought this could only be done under Win9x through DPMI, which uses v86 anyway doesn't it? But then I have done no asm on x86 yet, it is just too horrible! All I can think of doing is reverse engineering the BIOS, but that has legal issues anyway doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
      X