TGL and RRG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGL and RRG

Just a quick question. I've installed 5.30, in preparation for receiving my RRG from Matrox.

The TGL release notes didn't say anything about running with a RRG, so I assume there is no problem, but I thought I would ask.

Can I run both, or should I stay with the standard ICD?

------------------
    G400 DH 32MB
    PD 5.30, bios 1.5-22
    DX 4.06.03
    Win98SE
    Celeron 400(500 oc'd)
    Asus P3B-F 1.01A
    Bios 1003.A (I should really flash!)
    256MB PC100
    SBLive Value, liveware 3.0
    Microsoft Intellimouse USB (IntelliEye, baby)
    CTX VL710
    Holding on to my G200 16M SG, looking for a good home.

System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

TurboGL is a specific drivers to support better only a few games. it has nothing to do with the card and RR-G functionnality since you will not use them together at the same time...

Comment

moreau,
      How long have you been waiting for your RR-G?
      I called Matrox on Monday because I hadn't received a message it had shipped. Well, it hadn't. They apologised and said they would ship one out on Tuesday, by next day air to make up for the mistake. Well a package arrived today (Wednesday). Was it from Matrox? YES!! Was it my RR-G? NO . They had sent out a G200 SD PCI 8MB. ARRGGG.
      We'll we'll see what happens now. And yes I will be calling back tomorrow, to find out if one was sent out.
      You would thing that with a lock on the North American markette, they could atleast get their products out to customers.

Mark F.

------------------
      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
      --------------------------------------------------
      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
      and burped out a movie

Comment

Uh-oh.

Well, the ups tracking says my box is waiting on my front porch. Lets hope that it is a rrg.

I'll let you know...
        System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

Good News (for me anyway) my box did arrive, and it did contain a RRG!!!

It installed in 20 mins with no glitches.

I even taped about 2 minutes of the Simpons from cable just to test it out (to the tune of 92MB! ouch!)

I can see I've got a lot to learn here, but man is it fun...

Comment

We'll see what arrives tommorrow. Hopefully a RR-G.

Mark F.

------------------
            OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
            --------------------------------------------------
            OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
            and burped out a movie

Comment

Working...
            X