No announcement yet.

Applaus for Matrox from everyone ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applaus for Matrox from everyone ! ! !

I've just installed the new turbogl and all I have to say is "GREAT JOB MATROX"!!! I've increase of 10-15 fps in the supported games.This is exactly what the croud where waitín for. Now we can talk about image qualitity while fragging ...
    ! ! ! time to kill some nightmare bots ! ! !

------------------
    Celeron 300A@450
    Asus P2B,G400 SH 32MB oc@150\200 128MB Cas2 PC100
    PIII 700@933 on Asus P3B-F, GF2 GTS, 512 MB Infineon

Well things have certainly turned around in the last year. Let's hope the next Matrox product has this level of driver support from day 1 so it can compete from the start without having to play catch up.

Comment

Don't you just love when you upgrade drivers and you get such a dramatic increase in performance. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's very satisfying.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Me too! I want to give a thumb up to the mighty Matrox too! Great job!

---------------------
        Now what I only need is a K7 + SlotA board........
        I want the T&L in my G400!

Comment

I was a proud owner of g400 and now I'm even more. 33% increasement in fps in Q3 800x600x32 (High quality).

------------------
          Cel464/128/G400/SBLive!/6xDVD
          Cel464/128/G400/SBLive!/6xDVD

Comment

Yep,

my PII 450 MHz scores went up in Quake 3 (everything at high and framebuffer and textures 32 bit) at both 640x480x32 and 800x600x32 from 30 to 45 fps for both demo01 and demo02.

Today I'll try OpenGL in Half Life as it was unplayable in OpenGL before and Direct3D was buggy as hell.

Comment

Ok Matrox... thumbs up!

Although I don't have the use of the new Turbo GL cause my G400 is on a P3 system, I'm kinda looking forward to it when I get a MAX. Then my G400/16/SH will go in my work rig which is PII300/450, so I can also frag away while not working... too bad TurboGL doesn't work with G200 boards but that is a bit optimistic don't yer think?

Comment

Golf clap!

I'm still waiting for the DX7 drivers and the DVD Player update!

Comment

Ok, 8 positive posts are enough !

TurboGL and 256 AGP aperture size... only game that works fine is Q3, the rest work slow.

TurboGL and 64 AGP aperture size... Q3 works better (then 256), the rest show the code on the walls.

I have only 128 PC100 SDRAM, and my Intel SE440BX2 mobo will change the aperture size only to 64 and 256.

One positive thing about the new TurboGL... not a single crash in Quake 3 and a boost in fps.

[This message has been edited by andrei (edited 15 December 1999).]

Comment

Working...
                  X