G400 Dual in Win2K crazy behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Dual in Win2K crazy behavior

Installed G400 Dual Head in Win2K RC2 yesterday. Had been using multi-monitor for two years in NT and RC2 with no problems, using dual Viper 330s and identical Mag 19 inchers. With G400 though, I have many problems:

The biggest one is that in the secondary monitor (right) if I right click anything or anywhere (including the systray icons) on the right monitor, the context menu appears on the left monitor, alongside the right vertical border. Not only that, but left clicking a menu bar item on the right monitor similarly throws the associated drop down list to the left monitor. I have set all the options in the multi-head display, such as where to load pop-up boxes, etc, but nothing fixes this obvious bug. Even tried it in a brand new fresh install of RC2 with NOTHING else installed, still same behavior.

Also, in Netscape for instance, I have links on the personal toolbar, some of which represent a folder that has links inside of it. Prior to the G400, clicking on one of these links popped up the drop down list with the links inside the folder waiting for me to make a choice. I didn't have to keep the mouse button down, the list stayed put until I decided which one to chooose. With the G400 however, the list disappears unless I hold the mouse button down, and drag to my choice. What's weird is that this isn't consistent. On one such folder with two links inside, the list pops up and sits there,even if I let go of the mouse, like they used to. On another, with about 6 links inside, the list pops up and stays open, but about 4 inches away, in the middle of the browser window, rather than right alongside the folder link, as the others do. Still another won't stay visible unless the mouse key is held down...very strange.

One more thing in this first day...always used 1024x768 at 75hz, but with that setting, now only the primary monitor will pick that setting up--the secondary comes out at 85hz...don't see a way to set them separately, so don't know why this is happening. These monitors always used the same settings with the Vipers, in fact that was a limitation with the Vipers. Why aren't they doing the same thing now? They are completely capable of these setting.

Any help is appreciated. There are no resource conflicts, and the card is using IRQ 9.

Thanks
Working...
X