useing turbogl w /ut crashed and killed my video drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• useing turbogl w /ut crashed and killed my video drivers

well i tryed the new driver witrh ut and it woerked for one whole kill. about 20sec's video locked sound repeted ect.. pd 5.3

on reboot (the only way to get going again) windows comes up to a screen filled with garbage (really corupted screen no mouse ect...) only way to do any thing is to reboot into safe mode and uninstall the matrox driver and reinstall the matrox driver as normal. well at this point i was boared and pissed (this was not the first time this had happened to me (a game crashes and i have to pull the driver and reinstall to get it working again.) now im running the new 1.4 bios witch is soposed to fix a bug in the usb controler. so i un do the manule settings in my bios reset every thing to auto (except pnp os i left that off)and i started playing card swap. in the final config i have irq 9 free for use. the g400 is on 12 my sound card is on 11 and my nic is on 10 (shared with the usb controller) no other device except the usb contorler is shareing irq's and pd 5.41 is now installed with the new turbo gl.

strange thing is i had to remove the fan off my g400 so i could put the nic in the slot next to the g400 and the sound card is in the last slot down by the isa slots. strange but it works (useing a 80mm fan above cards to cool the g400 and nic)

any way i seam to remember something about modifying a ut file to get the g400 to work right with ut. what file and what do i have to do. also any ideas on what is up with the crash and burn thing listed above. i even tryed reseating the g400 and bending the tab up to make sure it was all the way in i don't thing that was the problem but hey i was inthere anyway. and lastly is there any thing wrong with the nic and usb hub shareing irq's?

thanks for any help that may be comeing.

------------------
    its here, it's together and all the bugs are worked out.
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650.(not overclocked its a real 650 they underclcoked.) 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic and 56k ext modem, xitel p storm sound card. lots of controlers joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel, and 19in monitor,microsoft inteli mouse explorer(5 buttons). klip promedia v2-400 speakers.

noel
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.
Working...
X