G200 died? Help requested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 died? Help requested.

I opened up my perfectly running system today to swap out some memory. Because of the placement of the DIMM slots and the AGP card on the BH6, I had to remove the G200 to do that. I swapped the memory, popped the card back in and turned on the computer. No video.....

I first thought maybe it was the memory, so I put the other memory back in the system. Same results. I happen to have a ATI card handy, so I popped that in and the system booted up with video. I tried the G200 again, no video still.

I happened to have a brand new BH6 that I just happened to have purchased today, so I swapped the motherboards. Same thing.

I am guessing this probably has something to do with the card not seating properly in the slot, but I tried everything.

The details:

Abit BH6
    G200 / ATI - IRQ 10
    Fireport SCSI card - IRQ 9
    Linksys NIC - IRQ 11
    196MB Memory
    IBM IDE Hard drives (both masters)
    SCSI CD-Rom, CD-R, Zip, Jaz
    Viewsonic G790 19" monitor
    Win 98SE

Like I said, until this happened, I have not had any trouble with this system at all. Anyone have any advice?

Chuck
    P4 2.53GHz, Intel D845PEBT2, 1GB Ram, G400 Max, Adaptec 19160 running, 2 Maxtor 18GB 10KRPM HD, Toshiba 40/10 SCSI DVD-Rom, Plextor 32/12/10 SCSI CD-RW, Seagate 80GB Barracuda IV, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Viewsonic G790 19" Monitor

Hi friend !
    i read your problem, and i went to Abit Page, your Board is very good in did.
    you have to specify witch(!!!) board you had before this one... What ram do you got and all and what ram you did have in your Computer... is very important, ok?
    than i´ll try some adevise...ok?

let me know something...

PS: put your scsi cd-rom SecundariMaster
    and one of your IDE secundariSlave
    Is your master IDE UDMA? if yes, ATA 33 or 66?
    Now, its important you check if your ram is realy PC100
    Last thing, if your computer doesnt block in
    the start after check the memory and still black, go get other board Abit BH6, it has Warranty.

Last thing, sorry my english, i´m not very good at that
    Max

Comment

This is a worst case scenario.

A small, *inperceptable* charge of static electricity can render many devices useless, which is why it is so important to ground yourself before touching anything inside your computer.

I'd try the board in another machine before sending to an early grave. I'd also try hard to get it situated properly in the AGP slot.

Good luck and I hope I'm wrong.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Typical scenario:
        The card is inserted incorrectly into the AGP slot. This is the case with 95% of non-working computers nowadays. The problem lies in incorrect mechanics of computer cases.

Worse scenario:
        The BIOS of your card got lost -> welcome to my website (address in profile).

Comment

Working...
        X