HELP: G400 dual-head won't run under W98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: G400 dual-head won't run under W98

I wanted to upgrade from a Matrox G200 to a Matrox G400 32mb dual-head (oem), but the G400 will not run under W98.

I only get 16 colours.
    After I have installed the drivers(latests) and W98 restarts, I get this message:
    Your display adapter is not configured properly. To correct the problem, click OK to start the Hardware Installation Wizard.

I let the wizard re-install the driver, but this has no effect.
    When the wizard is at the 'Update Device Driver Wizard' window, I get thismessage:
    The device is already installed, but has a problem. To view properties for this device, andto see the problem and proposed soloution, click finish.

When I look at the device properties 'general tab', the 'Device status' says: Your display adapter is working correctly.
    At the Resources tab', the 'Conflicting device list' says:
    No conflicts.

I have no other conflicts with my computer properties.
    The card sits all the way in the AGP slot.
    This is the second G400 card I have tried, bothhave the same problem.
    The motherboard I use is an Asus P2B-s with 128mb and a PII 333mhz. I have the most recent drivers of both the G400 and the Asus motherboard BIOS and I have DirectX 7.

When I install the G200, I have no problems at all.

I hope somebody can help.

Hi.

I had the same problem... It turned out W98 thought there were two display adapters in the system. One G400 and one standard PCI VGA adapter or something. Just boot in safe mode, go to device manager and get rid of the extra display adapter.

M.
    year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

Working...
    X