Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well! Win2k 2194 just working fine with my G200:) But with the "microsoft driver" ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well! Win2k 2194 just working fine with my G200:) But with the "microsoft driver" ...

Hi,
    just installed W2k/2194 and after totally changing (!) IRQ assigments, my G200 once begun to work
    But ... it works fine with Microsoft default driver ("Matrox Graphics Millenium"), not so good with Matrox 5.0 beta driver. With Matrox 5.0 driver, I cannot even get HW accelerated Direct3D! Just opened DXdiag, tried the Direct3D tests, and appeared only one - "Using software rendering". With Microsoft driver, mga64.sys, HW accelerated rendering is working fine.
    But, the Matrox driver has a really goood OpenGL acceleration (getting aroud 35 fps in Wintune98). After all, I don't use the Matrox's G200.sys 5.0 driver, till it won't have the HW accelerated D3D feature, of course! Anyway, I have always to set in BIOS to AGP 1x, when using Matrox's drivers, otherwise I am getting lockups. With AGP 1x, I get "only" text and image distortions....
    So, I will probably wait till the next W2k driver is released! If anybody knows, how to tweak OpenGL to use Matrox's G200icd.dll in adittion to Opengl32.dll using the Microsoft drivers, i will be very pleased

Thanx for replies!

Fifik

------------------
    ------------------
    AMD K6-II/450MHz @ 500MHz, Chaintech AGM2 mobo (VIA MVP3 chipset), 96MB PC100 ECC RAM, MGA G200 Millenium LE w/ 8MB; PD 4.31 / latest BIOS, old shit ESS1868, Windows NT4 w/ SP6, DX5 rip

Now trying W2k clean install
    ------------------
    AMD K6-II/450MHz @ 500MHz, Chaintech AGM2 mobo (VIA MVP3 chipset), 96MB PC100 ECC RAM, MGA G200 Millenium LE w/ 8MB; PD 4.31 / latest BIOS, old shit ESS1868, Windows NT4 w/ SP6, DX5 rip

Once again, someone with a beta driver, a beta operating system, and a complete POS motherboard/chipset wants the GRAPHICS CARD COMPANY to fix his problems.

- Ash

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Hey! I didn't say anything in this way )
      And, how should Matrox get any W2k drivers experience, when not having users with beta OS and their beta drivers ??

Regards

Fifik

------------------
      ------------------

------------------

Comment

Working...
      X