Notes on TurboGL on K6...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notes on TurboGL on K6...

For those of you who want to use the new TurboGL with your K6 chip...

There is a known problem getting it to work on certain SS7 motherboards. If you experience no joy (grey screen, lockups) with the TurboGL, try them with the 5.30 drivers.

Matrox already knows about this issue, and are working to have it fixed in the next version...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Kruzin, do you know which SS7 motherboards exhibit the problems? I'd rather not try and have problems, since I love the pd 5.41 drivers.

Also, I DO have a voodooII card in my system. I know the TGL isn't supposed to work with it, but I thought I remember a way to switch the openGL files in the game directory to have it use the TGL and ignore the voodooII card. Is this possible, or am I just smoking crack?

Comment

rylan,

Is there a crack pipe in your hand?

That is a hit and miss type of thing, which is no biggie, you can use the new TGL with PD 5.30, which has very good D3D performance, and with TGL, you get a very nice boost in OpenGL. I see no need for a V2 other than to play some GLide games (lol).

Rags

Comment

Not sure....I know Epox boards boards have probs, but not sure of all that do/don't have trouble.

And some people have gotten TGL with a V2 in the system to work by swapping some files around, but I don't know exactly what they did to get it going. I think most people are not able to pull it off though....
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

heheh. Oh well. I have an Epox MVP3G-M, but have a VoodooII sli also, so cant' tell which makes the turboGL not work. Probably the sli rig. I'll just wait for the next release.
          Great job getting it out for K6-x and intel stuffs though!

Comment

Working...
          X