A little Gefarce Humor :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little Gefarce Humor :)

Not to make fun of another card but since some gefarce users occasionally cause trouble here I thought they would enjoy this funny post from HardwareCentral, now what do they say about the Gefarce? Run with no trouble hehe:

Topic: GeForce -- Kabooom!!! Complete shutdown
    Faltech
    Junior Member posted 12-10-99 08:36 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just installed the CL Geforce (had to upgrade the MB from a socket 7 to even get tha darn thing in..) and it looked great for a few days UNTIL I fired up UT. My system hangs as it switches to game mode, the precaching takes forever and the few times I got it up it is sooo slow. I tried several modes everything from 600x400x16 to 1kx768x32. It seemed to crash anyhow.
    After installing the new Detonator driver from Nvidia and latest upgrade from Creative I got a complete anticlimax: MY SYSTEM WENT INTO ARREST AND I HAD TO PULL THE PLUG FROM THE WALL (!!) AND NOW IT WON'T EVEN BOOT... Get that!!

Does anyone have any experience with this? My system is now completely down, it won't even boot the bios - I need input - pleaze."

------------------
    ***TRUST IN YOUR TECHNOLUST***
    <A HREF="http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    " TARGET=_blank>http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    </A>

well I thought it was funny

------------------
    ***TRUST IN YOUR TECHNOLUST***
    <A HREF="http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    " TARGET=_blank>http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    </A>

Comment

Tell him to buy a real card
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

It is not funy , imagine your self in this situation ...bed , bed ,bed thing...I wish I could help him.. & guys.. dont underestimate the power of GE-FORCE ..it is a GPU afterall...well, so long till MATROX relese one...I hope it would be soon
        PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

The GeForce is a good chip. It's by no means the be-all and end-all of graphics cards, but it shows the potential of T&L. NVidia are the first to take a step forward in quite some time. Hopefully other organisations will learn.
          Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

So, I guess the DualHead, EMBM, etc. Matrox put on the G400 are all steps backwards?

Don't make me hurt you, Agent!
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

you are just begging for a slanging match aren't you Kruzin

ahem, I'd refer to those as shuffles, Kenny, and I'd refer to what I should be doing right now as running for the door!
              Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

As long as Matrox's next Gen card offers competive perfromce, and DUAL HEAL im sold. If they ditch dual head, i ditch Matrox. : )

------------------
                PIII 450 @ 464
                generic BX6 motherboard
                G400 MAX : )
                Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
                Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
                Creative 36x CD-ROM
                HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
                64 megs PC100 RAM
                Intel 10/100
                Soundblaster 32 AWE
                DiamondMAX 56k
                Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
                1 92mm Sunon Fan
                4 80mm Sunon Fan's
                &lt;a href="http://www.tweak3d.net"&gt;www.tweak3d.net&lt;/a&gt;

Comment

Kruzin,

Soapbox.

Disclaimer:

---------
                  Dualhead, waited a couple of months for suppliers to have a G400 DH in, no go, got the SH model and a slightly faster cpu instead.

EMBM, let's see, there are the Matrox demos, that slavezero demo and 30sec of 3dmark2000, that's about all the use I got out of it. The oem version (all I could find to buy at the time) doesn't come with Expendable and from all accounts that doesn't work anyway.
                  ---------

I enjoy the 32 bit performance, high resolution performance and AGP performance the most, compared to my previous card, a TNT 1. Drivers have nice monitor adjustment and seem basically stable. Still lacks cpu optimization for AMD's low end lineup, but I knew that before I bought it, and it may yet be added before I sell the card. Matrox made no claims about adding it, so I don't have anything to gripe about there.

To sum it up, from my perspective, the G400 is an ok card, certainly better than a TNT 2 in certain respects, but nothing fantastic or anything. If anyone thinks the drivers don't need work, they are just being loyal, when you get faster benchmarks using higher resolutions than you do with lower ones, something is up.

What I don't get is why all the not so clever and unrelenting put downs of the GeForce using the name of the thing, (G-Farce, G-Spot, G-Fart, etc), who cares about cards you don't own? Why not pick on the Permedia 3 or something else to riddicule, doesn't make a lot of sense. It was amusing when the GeForce didn't live up to the hype upon it's release, but now it just sounds desperate, time to move on. Says more about you guys than anything about the card.

My disturbing $ .02 for today.

Comment

hmmmm ! I agree with Himself...you see the only game that I play right now with BUMPMAPING is Tomb Raider 4 ... & it looks realy nice...but still flaming Agent31 isnt the right way only because he said the truth. EMBM , DUAL HED are nice but what about OGL & TurboGL ? ...the only thing what works good for me is HALF-LIFE OPPOSING FORCE & nothing else , for exemp. Creative LAVA ! doesnt work.. sys crash & freezing , or OGL screen savers , some works but the most dont.

Voodoo Lights 1.2.4 is wery , wery ,sloooow when useing OGL , it counts from 10 to 40 fps but the feeling is choppy, D3D is wery nice & stabile about 34-40 fps@1024x768x32.

About GE-FORCE I tryed one, ASUS V6600 32 , OK preformance are great , but still I could not play UT in 32 bit with 32 bit Z buff..why I dont knowe , the same thing with 3Dmark99 & interesting thing is that I get lower results from G400 but only in 3Dmark 99 , 3D mark 2000 ohhh men !huuuuuu ! enother story & AGENT 31 posted the right numbers , I meen FILLRATE from 560 MTEXT/s while G400MAX get about 300 MTEX/s or in mine case about 264 MTEX/s.

I still have my G400 babe & I like it wery much ther is no way I gona take any GE-FORCE based cards because when useing 32 bit color with 32 bit textures & 24 bit Zbuf performance drops over 60 %...men tooooo much ! in 16 bit allright , but 32 bit is tooo sloow expecialy withouth T&L.

I like 32 bit colors & rendering & UT looks much , much better with G400 in 32bit then GE-Force ...well windows desktop , icons, colors are still better with G400 in 32 bit , the whole screen & icons are more sharper & vibrant so right now I stay by MATROX .

I made some ZIFF DAVIS 3D benchmark 2000 & you can see how G400 perform this bench with other 3D accelerators or GPU-s

Test PC from ZD was : PIII@550 , 128 mb ,HD-IBM-Djna-372200 all test 1024x768x16

ACCEL./GPU FPS

GFR256DDR no T&L 59,5

GFR256DDR T&L 89,4

GFR256SDR no T&L 65,1

GFR256SDR T&L 77,1

OXYGEN VX1 24,6

RAGE FURY 29,4

RIVA TNT 2 47,7

SAVAGE 4 26,7

VOODOO2 SLI 36,9

VOODOO 3 3500 32,3

MY SYS G400SH32 48 on PIII450@465 ,128mb,HD-IBM DTTA 8.4 (G400 @ MCLK=195,4 GCLK=146,6)

well Im HAPPY i still outperform TNT2 & other non T&L cards with a slower PIII..thats great G400 still have POWER but it can not match with T&L....soon Savage 2000 will come out ..& then ??? brrrrr I hate to think about ..

------------------
                    PIII450@465,P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live !(value),IntelliMouse Explorer (yahoooo! no fu..hm hm. ball any more ...)

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Working...
                    X