3D Mark scores and refresh rate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Mark scores and refresh rate...

I was reading the other thread about Barbara's 3D Mark scores and noticed that some of my scores seem out of whack with what everyone else is running.

I'm running a Celeron-550, 128MB of RAM, an 18GB WD Expert, and a Vanilla G400DH.

Here a few of the numbers that came up, if you guys could tell me whether my numbers are in line with what they should be that would be great.

In 800x600, 16 bit colour, G400 at 110% speed:

3D Mark: 4480
    Synthetic CPU 3D Speed: 5206
    Rasterizer: 2454
    Fill rate: 240.2 MTexels/s
    FR w/Multitexturing: 238.3 MTexels/s
    Game 1: 43fps
    Game 2: 45fps

The score that seems out of whack is the Synthetic CPU speed one which is significantly lower than everyone else's I've seen here.

The fill rate is consistent with what I expected while the 3D Mark score seems slightly low.

Any comments?

Another area which I'm having trouble with my card is the refresh rate. With my Banshee I was getting a rate of 100hz at 1024x768 at the optimal setting. With the G400 I'm only able to get 85hz at the optimal setting and I can't turn it up anymore. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks,

I have found exactly the same with most new non-3dfx cards. They seem to have the "optimal" refresh rate set to either 75 or 80 regardless of what your monitor is capable of.

FYI, I run my monitor at 1280x1024@75Hz even though it's capable of 90 (85 is the closest I can get to it's maximum). I find that it is significantly clearer and sharper at 75Hz, which is what my vid card drivers refer to as "optimal".

as for it's impact on performance, I don't know enough about it to be able to advise you on that.
    Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Hi Eric

If you want to go @ 100 Hz on your monitor, all you need to do is edit the monitor profile within the PowerDesk settings/Advanced/Monitor.

You can costumize just about everything about the monitor from there.

Ghydda
      As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
      My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
      |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

Working...
      X