Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another g400 games freezing problem ...... need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another g400 games freezing problem ...... need help.

ok , the problem is the following :
    when playing 3d games they usually lock up*

*what does usually mean ?
    It means that sometimes the games freeze after a few minutes , sometimes after few seconds, sometimes (but it's unusual)all work
    fine.

wich games ?
    -dungeon keeper 2(sometimes crashes , but
    not often)
    -revolt (almost always crashes)
    -hidden and dungerous (sometimes crashes)
    -the need for speed hi stakes (sometimes crashes)
    -kingpin (usually crashes)

there are also games like shadowman and drakan that work fine (only one crash in drakan and j am near to ending the game)

j have an athlon 600 with msi mobo , not one ,but two power supplies (both on the list of amd's approved ones one is 300w , the other 250..........well , j have a lot of hard drives ), g400 32mb ,
    j use agp 2x (using 1x is the same, and sometimes it gives me additional problems)
    also the ram seems to be ok.
    the irq are ok , the g400 uses 09 , sharing it only with holding for pci steering.
    others are ok and not shared.

j also have installed all games patches , latest hardware drivers and bios,and j have read about one thoused of thime matrox f.a.q.

any genius out there can help me ?

thank you very much

I had the same problem. Read this it fixed it.
    http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/006601.html

Buy Low end and overclock it on the high end!

Comment

unfortunately , my g400 fit perfecltly in the agp slot.
      thanks anyway

other suggestions?

Comment

have you installed the AMD drivers for your mb? Go here and get them if not installed.

Mine works fine @850 with a 300w supply!

------------------
        Designer of the first Athlon mod. Currently marketing the "Eclipse" through AZZO Computers.
        Anyone up for an Eclipse'd Athlon 850? Email me for more information

2836 mips, 1.107 gflops @ 850 mHz 1:3 latency
        CPUmark99 71.6

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

j have updated the agp miniport , but the crashes persist .

thank you anyway.

other suggestions will be appreciated...

Comment

Hi, once again I offer my humble experience with MSI6167 and IRQ9 and G400. Was not stable. Althoug Win98 did not show it, ACPI was also on IRQ9 (you would see that during the boot sequence by the way). I disabled one of the com ports, and now the G400 is stable on a low IRQ.

M.

------------------
            Athlon500/MSI6167/64M(!)/10GIBM/6GSamsung/1GSCSI IBM/AHA2940/CL2xDVD/FastMM2+MJPEG/HPPSScanner/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/ZIP100SCSI/Mitsumi2xCD-R/Samsung17GL/MX300/AKA Electric Classic
            year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

ok, what can j do to move the g 400 from interrupt 09 to 10? 10 is used only for pci steering.

Comment

Working...
              X