Questions from a Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions from a Newbie

Since I have had absolutly no luck in getting Matrox to answer my question I thik I'll post them here:

Is there any chance that I'll be able to capture video when running Windows 2000 with the MarvelG400? (Including capturing, editing and outputting back to tape)

Does the Marvel G400-tv capture in 65000 colors or 16.000.000 colors, or can it capture in both?

How good openGL performance will the MarvelG400tv give compaired to my fireGL1000pro when I'm in 3d programs like Lightwave, 3d studio max ect?

How good is the capturing quality of the MarvelG400tv compaired to my MiroDC10+?

Can I use microsoft's VidCap program to capture video with?

Can I use the AVI_I/O program to capture video with?

Other gfxcard seams to have problems with the AGP port on the Asus P2L97-DS, will the MarvelG400 work flawlessly? (I have heard that its power problem, or lack of power on the agp port.)

What PAL resolutions is available for capturing in?

What email sould I use to ask matrox these questions?

Thanks for answer these questions.

------------------
    regards:
    m.lykke
    regards:
    m.lykke

Wow...quite a list of questions ;-)

1. Matrox doesn't usually release drivers for a new OS until it's out of the barn, but they do support them. My guess is yes.

2. The Marvel captures in 16M colors using MJPeg. It also can capture in the 256 shade B&W, 65K color and 16M color RGB uncompressed video at up to 640x480. RGB at the higher resolutions does require a VERY fast drive subsystem though, usually a RAID0 array like a Fasttrak.

3. The OpenGL performance in LW and other such programs may be a bit slower but with a much higher quality image.

4. The Marvel is a bit of an overachiever, meaning it's quality is higher than you might expect given it's 3.1 mB/s data rate. Part of this is because of it's superior video out module. The quality is quite good.

5. MS VidCap works just fine. I use it for stop motion animations mainly.

6. Hellyeah! AVI_IO works GREAT with the Marvel. AVI_IO ver. 2 with playback is terriffic.

7. A lack of or unstable power on the AGP port will mess up 90% of AGP cards. That is the fault of the mobo and/or power supply, not the card. That said I have an Asus P3B-F and it works just fine.

8. 176x144, 352x288, 352x576 and 704x576. Each with a choice of two frame rates and 5 different quality settings. There are also 3 different audio settings including 44.1khz CD quality stereo.

9. http://www.matrox.com/mga/tech_supp/..._tech/home.htm

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 21 December 1999).]

Comment

Working...
    X