Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my G400 card is dead.. should I put it 6 feet under or is there hope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my G400 card is dead.. should I put it 6 feet under or is there hope?

Just recently my G400 MAX died unexpectedly. Going along when my computer crashes go to reboot and beep, beep, beep (no video out)... The same scene of events that I've read on this forum. Had the card for about 3 months, all of a sudden it stops working. No burnage that I could see or smell, check the AGP apperature size in the BIOS, 128.. so should be ok.. Checked the AGP slot of course... rammed that puppy as far down as she'd go... tried rebooting, nothing... tried the card on a friends computer, nothing. Whiped out an old video card, stuck it in with no problems.. About the only thing I haven't tried is flashing the BIOS, but if this is the same problem those other people had then they tried it and it didn't work. so before I went ahead I was hoping that someone with some insight could tell me what's wrong. I'm hoping that some of the people that've had this same problem will inform me of what exactly they did to fix it or if it is in fact able to be fixed. I heard from a friend that he thought HE heard that there was some bug in the BIOS and that the G400 would just go kaput, but could be fixed by fixing the BOIS.. anyone hear anything about that?? Well thanks in advance for any help..

Dying BIOSes... it seems to happen occasionaly. Hard to tell if it's a BIOS bug or something else. To me it seems that the G400 is more sensitive/fragile than the earlier Matrox cards. Anyway, there's still hope for you - try a BIOS recovery.
    P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Working...
    X