G400 max : 3D doesn't work!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 max : 3D doesn't work!!!!!

i have just buy my g400 MAX , windows 98se recognised it fine, but matrox tech demo, fifa 2000 and all 3d games and application doesn't work!!!
    please help me!!!!

my configuration is:
    P3 500 asus p2b 1011 bios revision 128 mb ram hdd 13.5gb dvd pioneer 10/40 mitsumi 4801 te soundblaster live 1024 player liveware 2.0 windows 98se 5.41 matrox drivers.....

Hi luke,

1st, make sure that your desktop resolution is set to either 16 or 32 bit color depth. If it already is, give us a list of your IRQ's.

Rags

Comment

Have you checked the FAQ section on Matrox web page concerning games? there are several important tips there...

Comment

Your in 24bit mode aren't?
        I thought so.
        We'll listen to Rags and change to 16 or 32bit mode.
        Voila, 3D hardware!!!

Mark F.

------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
        --------------------------------------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
        and burped out a movie

Comment

And if it's not 24bit causing your problem, be sure you have an IRQ assigned to the G400 in your BIOS.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I got my G400 yesterday and first 3d would work then it wouldn't. I checked the card
            and it seemed solidly in so I dismissed
            that theory and sweated it out doing everything else. Well I fixed my 3d from freezing. Very weird Matrox glitch and I don't care what Matrox Groupies say that my case or board is the problem. Not! I had to loosen the G400 bracket screw and jiggle it out a bit from the AGO slot. Bingo 3d is back
            and working Fine. Some Matrox groupies are purely in denial to blame everthing but the Matrox board for this oddity. I for one have had three videocards seat Flawlessly in the AGP without nare a hiccup. Play with your card and reseat it a bit. Worked for me.
            Buy Low end and overclock it on the high end!

Comment

Well Mr PC Geek,

I have a V3 3000, and it too has problems with seating in my Abit BH6, as had an ATI all in wonder pro. NO, it's not just a G400 problem, it is a modern 3d card problem as well.

Rags

Comment

Make sure that the SBLive and G400 don't share anything. They can be murder together in the same case.

And Mr PC Geek. Abit BX6's _can_ be a bit(ha ha) on the quickly (read cheaply) made side. Not all of them, but some of them. And of course no name boards or econo boards that are made to be cheap. These tend to have wierd build related issues. But hey even my P2B had to be replaced after a month. This one has been good tho...crossin everything.

------------------
                AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.30 w/beta ICD

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X