This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD and surround sound.

OK, I know this might not be the best forum for this question, but you guys haven't let me down yet...

Just installed a Pioneer 114 DVD drive to my Celeron300A@464, ASUS-P2BF, 128MB, G400MAX, Creative AWE32 system, and bought a copy of the Matrix DVD. (Thanks for all the DVD-ROM suggestions...)

The DVD works fine (except for the special features in MatroxDVD; I'll work on that later), but I have a surround sound question.

I've got the audio/video going into my old (4 years; ancient by today's standards) Sony Pro-Logic receiver. I don't seem to be getting any rear channel audio. I have selected the 'Surround Compatible' option in the Matrox DVD Control Panel, but no change.

I expected the Dolby Digital on the Matrix DVD to be backward compatible with Pro Logic. Was this a wrong assumption? Or might I have a setup problem someplace?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Dave....

Your sound card need to support this option if you want it to work... If I am not mistaken the AWE 32 does not since it only has 1 speaker out. At best you would get stereo X2 but not surround...

Comment

You're right..not the best forum for this.
      Ant is trying very hard to get this place organised. That's why he made more forums, and set up more moderators.

General Hardware is where you will find this thread...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X