Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuttering - did someone else post this awhile back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuttering - did someone else post this awhile back?

Since I put in my G400MAX, my sound card has been studying far more often than it did with my old Productive G100 (yeah, those were the days, weren't they ). I was told that this is a problem of video card using sound card ram. This doesn't make sense to me so if someone can 1)explain it to me and 2)tell me if there is a way to fix it, I would be much abliged. Thanks everyone.

In case you need it, my IRQ's:

0 System timer
    1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
    2 Programmable interrupt controller
    3 Communications Port (COM2)
    4 Communications Port (COM1)
    5 Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI
    5 ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller
    5 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    5 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    6 Standard Floppy Disk Controller
    7 Printer Port (LPT1)
    8 System CMOS/real time clock
    9 (free)
    10 Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter
    10 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    11 Matrox Millennium G400 DualHead - English
    11 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    12 PS/2 Compatible Mouse Port
    13 Numeric data processor
    14 Primary IDE controller (single fifo)
    14 Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller
    15 Secondary IDE controller (single fifo)
    15 Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller

P.S.: Kruzin, don't move my thread !!! It's Matrox hardware related cause that's what started my problem.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

hi Muad'dib, how's the weather on Arrakis

Do you have some USB devices hooked up to your machine. Cause if you don't you could turn off that USB controller (or not assign an IRQ to it), and leave the sound card all alone on that IRQ 5. If you do have some USB gadgets, try getting the sound card on some other IRQ. I don't know if it is integrated on your mobo, but if it isn't try putting it in another PCI slot... maybe it will help

Comment

It's hot over here.

Ok, my sound card is a PnP card (last time I checked). It's in the farthest PCI slot from my AGP slot. How do I check if I have USB devices? Aren't those like your mouse and keyboard (very old) or something along those lines? Sorry, I'm still a computer beginner when it comes to these things.

Thanks
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

If your mouse and keyboard are using round connectors they aren't USB. USB are rectangle shaped connectors 1/4" X 3/4". USB is turned on or off in the BIOS.
        Mine: Epox EP-8KTA3, Matrox G400 32mb DH + RRG, Athlon 1.2/266, 256mb, WD 30gb ATA100, Pio 32x CDROM, Adaptec 2940U2W, WD 18.3GB 10k U2W, Yamaha CDRW4416, Pio DVD-303, Scsi Zip 100, Seagate 10/20 Gb tape, SBlive platinum, Linksys 10/100 nic, HP 712c printer, HP 6200 scanner, Linksys 4port cable router, Linksys 2port print server/switch
        Hers: Epox EP-3VSA, G400 32mb SH, PIII 750, 256mb, WD 10gb, Pio 6x DVD, Zip 250, Diamond S90, Linksys 10/100 nic

Comment

Hi:
          On many mainboards the usb controller shares an irq with the pci slot farthest from the agp slot. If you need usb and the sound card try moving it to another slot.

Comment

So Muad'dib...

Did you make it?

Comment

Working...
            X