Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP 5.2 Questions

Hi folks,
    Thank you for a fantastic and very usefull web-site.
    I have a RR/G200 card and uses Ulead's MSP 5.2 on a 450 Mhz P3 PC.
    I'm getting used to the MSP and very impressed about all the facilities in the tool.
    But I've 3 questions regarding the user interface I hope som hardcore MSP users can help with.

1. When I try to move the Vertical view line along the timeline with the mouse, to see the current clip, it is reacts extremly
    slow, even if a scale down my preview frame size to a few hundred. The trial version of the MSP 5 i downloaded a year ago from
    Ulead was very quik.

2. Also that trial version had this play function in the "Navigator" of clips directly from the timeline (no rendering)
    (the second button from left is dimmed on the "real 5.2" version!!) Why is that?

3. Why is it not possible to use the "Ripple Editing" button from the toolbar.

thanks in advance/Clement

For improved scrubbing performance,
    add the following entry in your
    WINDOWS>ULEAD32.INI file:

[HardwareAcc]
    AlwaysKeepLastFrame=1

From last paragraph of the Ulead
    recommendations at the following Web
    site:

http://www.mugcentral.com/ulead/upgr...nges.htm#Fixes

Comment

Open a clip by double clicking on it. Make the window small and move it out of the way, but keep it open. Now try scrubbing. Any improvement?

-Anthony
      Anthony
      • Slot 1 Celeron 400, Asus P2B, 256MB PC-100
      • AGP Marvel-TV 8MB NTSC
      • Turtle Beach Montego PCI sound card
      • C: IBM 10.1, 5400, Primary on 1, System, Swap, Software
      • D: IBM 13.5, 5400, Primary on 2, Dedicated to video
      • E: Memorex 48x CD, Secondary on 1
      • F: Yamaha CD-RW 2x2x8, Secondary on 2
      • Win98, FAT32 on C: & D:
      • MediaStudio Pro 5.2

Comment

Thanks Jerry,
        I updated my ulead32.ini file as suggested, but I couldn't register any scrubbing improvement, only change was that the last frame keept being displayed -due to the open codec. Just like if you had pressed the F9 key.
        It seems to be an initial problem, when I move the cursor to scrub it takes several seconds before anything happens, but then if I keep moving the cursor, suddenly the previewer is completely on track with the current frame.
        Clement

Comment

Let me second A_Bit on this. Having the scratchpad (clip) window open improves scrubbing performance drastically. Meanwhile, including the AlwaysKeepLastFrame fix in the .ini file in my case led to more system freezes and actually slowed scrubbing down.

As to Ripple editing, see some tips here: http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002439.html

Regards,

Alexei

Comment

My internet computer is at work, my video computer is at home, so I'm guessing a lot here.

I had some old info that says to place a semi-colon in front of the HwdCodec something line (I think it's the first line under [HardwareAcc] in ulead32.ini

I did both the KeepLastFrame=1 and the semi-colon and my scrubbing is much better. I do have a lot of "Illegal function" shut downs, but I had some prior to this also.

I'll remove the KeepLastFrame and see what happens. Ya'll may want to try the semi-colon thing. It's supposed to deactivate that line or something.

Comment

Working...
            X