Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Borders on TV output ! How to reduce that ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borders on TV output ! How to reduce that ?

Hi there,

I have a Marvel G200, and I work in PAL.
    I tried to record the output of the Marvel G200, it worked. But there are black borders around the image on the TV (and on the recorded image on the VCR).
    How can I get rid of these borders ? I don't see any options in the powerdesk to reduce that. Trying to enlarge the the picture displayed on the monitor by using the powerdesk doesnt' change anything !

Forgot to mention :
    Marvel G200 with powerdesk 5.25 and videotools 1.51, running on Windows 98.

Comment

In older PD 5.x drivers you could only adjust the horizontal size. With the newer PD drivers you can adjust both axis.

Salacious

Comment

OKay listen up...

Im really pleased to be able to tell you how to do this, i spent months trying it with my marvel G200, and just plain gave up when i recieved my Marvel G400
        then i just came across it in a thread, al quiet like
        so here it is...

first change to clone out. thats what i do for my marvel, if its a regular G400 you may have the option of just altering the second monitor sevice.. anyway
        Go into propertires, advanced, settings
        and select monitor info (or something like that)
        you should have the option of making a custom setting, there should be a line of monitor icons, choose the top one, "change this display" it will then go into the calibration screen..
        as you stretch and shape this.. the image on your tv will change as well :O)

you may have to reposition the image once its bigger (move it left slightly i think)

and thats it, just accept and change it..

i was able to make the picture more then fill my tv screen in all res apart from 640x480 (in which it was slightly reduced)

i think that has something to do with my base monitor selection though...

so let me know, have i helped... did it work for you?
        Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

When I tried this (some months ago) I could only stretch the TV picture in the horizontal direction. Is it possible to stretch vertically as well now?

Comment

Working...
          X