Problems with DOS TV Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with DOS TV Out?

Kruzin mentioned that there were several problems with using the DOS TV out feature. He also stated that "It's an entirely different BIOS". I didn't get any further clarification on this and wonder if anybody knows about this. I think its time I pour through the chip spec document.

[This message has been edited by xortam (edited 06 December 1999).]
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

"Entirely different BIOS" just meant it flashes the BIOS of the card with a different BIOS file.

I don't know what the exact differences are...GBM would be better to take a stab at that one (probably something to do with swapping out certain vesa modes)...but I do know that there are a few compatability issues that crop up with DOS TV-O enabled, and that it is only recommended for use in plain DOS environments.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Well GBM, do you know anything about this? Anyone else?
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
      X