My Drivers are all messed up.... Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Drivers are all messed up.... Help

Hey guys, I was checking the drivers for my G400 in the device manager, and i noticed that the files are dated 10/19/1999.
    Is that correct? I've seen a screenshot from another place, and his files are dated 11-9-1999. What's up? I think i have the correct drivers installed... How do you go about removing the old ones before installed the new drivers again? I seem to have forgotten...
    McRhea

Hi Chris,

Open up the Display Manager, Advanced, Information and press View Readme File.

It will now open up C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PDREADME.TXT
    Open that one to full view and check in the Upper-right-hand corner for the date.
    If it says 1999.11.26 you can be sure you've got the latest drivers running.

If not... Ah well, get the 5.41's for the right videocard again

Jorden.

Jordâ„¢

Comment

Follow the instructions, Chris. 5.x matrox drivers need to be uninstalled through an uninstall utility available on Matrox's website. (It's a little program that you run that cleans out the Windows registry.) Be very careful when updating drivers, that was the reason it took 200+ posts to free up a little space on IRQ 11. You can't just install the new drivers over the old. Uninstall the old ones first, reboot, and then install the new ones. And be careful, this is the kind of thing that will make you a true Bill Gates Hater.
      Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
      CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
      Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Thanks again guys! I'm all good. You two are the best there are! So far I haven't noticed any problems with the new 5.41 drivers... Lets hope it stays that way, right?

Chris out...
        McRhea

Comment

Just keep your old ones handy, and remember to UNINSTALL any time you feel the need to update. Keep the little uninstall utility in a handy folder on your hard drive to make it easy.
          Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
          CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
          Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Working...
          X