Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig: any word on Zoran SoftDVD updates

Haig-

Wondering if you can update us as to when the new Zoran SoftDVD will be out. You stated that you've received the update for the Software only implementation a couple of months ago- any chance at releasing that?

Thanks.

Haig is on vacation this week...try again Monday
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hmmm, that will be our "heads up" for new drivers in the future: when Haig goes on vacation expect something to happen!

Just kidding... I'm sure Haig is a hard worker...

Comment

I almost forgot about that.....not!
        I was also wondering if anything has happened here...
        "It's purely for evaluation..."

Comment

SoftDVD can work...
          With my Marvel G200 I never got Zoran SoftDVD to work, as I have an AMD MMX chip, I didn't expect it to. (But I had a Creative DVD card, so didn't mind). I then bought a Diamond MX300 soundcard (coincidentally it came with Zoran SoftDVD, but again it didn't work). However, on Diamond's site there is a Zoran SoftDVD update to work with AMD etc, just out of curiousity I downloaded and installed it and then SoftDVD worked:
          DVD901.EXE
          (10,1 MB, 26-Apr-99) SoftDVD Update v2.125_9.01 for use with the Monster Sound MX300, rel. 0499. This version includes 2nd generation DVD drive support, AMD support and Multiregion 1-6 support. Note README!

It's at:

(ftp://ftp.diamondmm-europe.com/diamond/3daudio/msnd300/files.htm)

I'd like to know if someone without an MX300 could work out whether it works, at least everyone would know whether or not they could solve their SoftDVD problems by buying a fairly cheap (but good) sound card.

Dave
          Don't make me angry...

Comment

Anyone wanna offer an opinion about whether the diamond fix will also work on the software for the Hardware Daughtercard?

Haig: Any news on a 5.x driver set that will work with this infernal thing would be appreciated.
            Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
            CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
            Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Sorry guys but I can't give out any release dates. All I can tell is that there will be a softDVD patch for zoran coming out soon.

Haig

Comment

Working...
              X