DVDMAX on G400 output formats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDMAX on G400 output formats

What formats can you output to the tv when you have DVDMAX enabled on your g400? is it just MPEG1/2 or is it avi too?
    /ZeZaMi

I'm not sure what's supposed to be supported, but on my G400 I can get MPEG1/2/4(asf) and Real Media on the TV with DVDMax. I can NOT get avi, either uncompressed or MPEG4. I asked here about it before, but no one seemed to know what the deal is.

Comment

Okay,

I read in a review of the G400 that except of DVD, AVI and MPEG1 should also work with DVDMAX, i can't see no reason why AVI shouldn't be supported by DVDMAX when EVERY other format is supported. Very strange
      /ZeZaMi

Comment

Mediaplayer produces an overlay you'll get avi on tv. I've seen probably any possible anim-format on my tv (avi,mpeg,qt,realvideo...).

One hint, if you hide the MediaPlayer (either minimize or drag another window over it) it stops drawing frames which stops tv output, too.

Comment

Mediaplayer produces an overlay you'll get avi on tv. I've seen probably any possible anim-format on my tv (avi,mpeg,qt,realvideo...).

One hint, if you hide the MediaPlayer (either minimize or drag another window over it) it stops drawing frames which stops tv output, too.

Comment

Ooops, sorry for the double post.

Comment

G400 32MB DH (not MAX)
              I don't know which version of mediaplayer i use. I have Win98 (the old version) but i think i once updated the mediaplayer.

Are you able to watch avi's on the primary monitor with the media player?

Comment

Damned, i hate those mondays. I just noticed that my first posting was not only sent twice but it was also only the bottom half of that what i wanted to send.

Originally i wanted to say that you'll get anything that produces an overly window onto the TV by DVDMAX. So if you can see anything played with the media player on the tv but not avi than there's something wrong with your setup.

Comment

So which programs besides DVD Player and Windows Mediaplayer support output to DVDMax? Oh and I would like a program that allows me to minimize the window on my monitor while the movie keeps playing on my TV.. Anyone tried Xing?

- Avron -

Comment

AVI has never worked for me, regardless of driver version. I am running Windows 98 SE with a G400DH32 and have tried drivers 5.13, 5.15, 5.20, 5.25, 5.30, and 5.41. My Media Player version is 6.4.07.0128, but I don't think it's Media Player because I've tried other AVI players and they all refuse to output to TV. Other file types work fine. Any suggestions?

Avron, DVDMax output isn't limited to the player, just the media themselves. Xing's players will work fine. It will also do the minimization, so I think it's just what you're looking for.

Comment

Avron, sorry, I spoke too soon. Xing's players will not play minimized. But, they will play in the background, i.e. not as an active window, so you can do other things on the computer and watch on your TV.

magick, I'm just curious, what is the file date on your mciavi.drv file in /windows/system?

Comment

What G400 card have you got? I have a G400MAX DH.
                        What drivers, mediaplayer and windows version are you running?
                        Because AVI just wont work for me

Comment

Working...
                        X