X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DH: monitor can't sync BIOS start screen

Hi,

I searched the archive, but did not find an answer:

After hooking up a TV set to my G400DH, the BIOS startup screen is not displayed anymore on my monitor. Instead, my monitor complains in its OSD that it cannot sync. First thing I get to see in the bootup sequence is "Loading Win95" in a letterboxed, flickering DOS mode. Under Win, everything is fine.

I could not get any picture on my TV either (G400->SVHS cable->SCART adapter->TV).

Win95 OSR 2.1QFE, PD 5.41, BIOS 1.5-11 (PAL, I'm living in Europe)

What things do I have to check? Thanks for any suggestions, the manual is a little on the brief side (to put it mildly).

Sven

You'll have to have the DOS TV setting enabled in you're BIOS (requires flash). The display (monitor and TV) won't be correct until the video BIOS executes it's POST.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Xortam,

thanks for the hint. I did a DOS command
      "progbios -maven pal" as recommended in the card-BIOS readme and the BIOS was successfully reprogrammed.

Unfortunately, I still cannot enter my mainboard's BIOS setup - it's simply not visible on the main monitor. In the Win PD-Info section it now says BIOS 1.5-11 (TV PAL) instead of BIOS 1.5-11 (PAL).

Is this a known issue or am I missing something?

Sven

Comment

Working...
      X