G400 flickering problem in 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 flickering problem in 3D

My G400 16 mb have problem with 3d games, regardless d3d or ogl. Picture have thin horizontal lines going up and down, looks like some interference. That happened only in games, not in 2D (windows). Strange thing, in tech demo it dos not flickers. I have celeron 400 oc 450, asus p2b. I tried with no result: certified drivers+DX6.2, DX7, 5.30, reinstalling windows (98SE), all avaible registry hacks (vsync on / off, anisotropic, per pixel, triplle buffering ...), changing resolution and color depth does nothing.Card is not overclocked.I have fen installed so I thought it might do some problems, but I was wrong.Removing fan (from old 486) does not help a bit.I have latest bios for asus and for card. My computer has no cenflicts and games are running well, execpt for flickering. That makes me very miserable so if someone knows something please post it.

Have you tried a different monitor? Also do you have your monitor sitting next to any speaks, lamps, or electronics of any sort? They can be a cause of monitor interference sometimes.

Joel

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 28 November 1999).]
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Yes, Joel is right. And look for the less obvious interference like some TV set in a room next to yours, close to the same wall.

In my house, in the room closest to mine there is a old tv set next to the wall. If it´s on, I get exactly the same thin horizontal lines as you descrived, and more: only at 1024x768 and above - it is dependent of the monitor resolution (and maybe refresh rate also).

Comment

I had the same problem, sent the card back under warranty. No problems after receiving a replacement.

DS
        Games Box
        --------------
        Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
        ------
        Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
        -------------
        Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

I am quite confident that this flickering has nothing to do with real interference, since I tried to remove any possible source for that. Not to mention that I had TNT few weaks ago in the same computer with same electronical environment and with no flickering. My monitor Nokia 449xa is in top condition and I am sure this flickering has nothing to do with it. I would be convinced that my card is malfunctioning, except for one thing: tech demo. I just check it again, and there is no even the slightest sign of flickering. So, if my problem is hardware, how come that this stupid demo looks perfect?

Comment

Well, I have encountered this problem also in 2D, for instance in Unreal Tournament demo menu, especially with 16-bit 1024x768, while in the game they were not noticable.
            Another 2D examples are menus of DarkStonedemo and Seven Kingdoms 2.
            In 3d they are very apparent in NHL2kDemo.

Jlordsen

[This message has been edited by jlordsen (edited 21 December 1999).]

Comment

Yes, I noticed that in UT demo menu too. I still has no time to bother with warranty, but Ill sure do it. Did you find solution for that? I am still not 100% convinced that this is hardware problem...

Comment

Your card is probably bad...
                Check out this thread: http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/004651.html
                -jms

Comment

It seems that the solution, according to the above thread, is to replace the card.

BTW is there anyone whose 16MB SH card is, from the point of view of this problem, OK?

JLordsen

Comment

Working...
                  X