PD5 Reg hacks = Agp x2 any help ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD5 Reg hacks = Agp x2 any help ??

Hi as the title of this post says I would like to try and force my agp buss to use agp X 2 ..

I am currently using X 1 ..

I have no idea how to do this but have read that people have, so if you can help please give some detailed info on this matter here.

Any info on this subject will be gratefully recieved Regards Matt {:O)

well here is my scoop, it may work or may not work. When I first installed my g400 I could not get agp2x to work not even with the reg hack but then i noticed that when i had my apeture size in the bios set to 64 megs (which is half my physical ram)agp1x was only active, but when i changed agp aperture size to 128 or 256, agp2x was active and kicking. Hope this helps

K6-2 450
    128 meg sdram
    G400 32 SH OEM non-max (but got lucky it has max heatsink and 5ns SGRAM) (agp2x and busmastering operational and humming)
    8.4 gig WD UDMA-33
    AWE 64 value
    Toshiba DVD-rom 6x
    HP surestore 7200i re-writable
    CTX VL710 17"
    FIC PA-2013 Rev. 2.0
    Win98

------------------
    ***TRUST IN YOUR TECHNOLUST***
    <A HREF="http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    " TARGET=_blank>http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    </A>

Comment

I have the aperture size set to 64, and AGPx2 works fine.

Comment

Thanks for the info but I am o\cing my P3 450 to 630 and I have tried the appature at 64 - 128 - and 256 and it does nothing :[

Has anyone got any PD5 reg experiance in changing the agp to X 2 Regards matt {:O)

Comment

Just go to the MURC's d/l pages...Ant has some registry hacks posted there....
          The link is right at the bottom of the page...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Download PD5 registry hacks from
            http://www.murc.ws/Utils.html

Expand the files and execute the force agp 2x hack.

Comment

Yep. I forced my MAX to agp2x on a Epox MVP3G-M mobo (SS7) and it works perfectly.

Comment

As long as your motherboard supports agp2x you will get a lot of improvement. While you are at it download the pci list utility too so you can see if in fact you are using 1x or 2x
                Larryf

Comment

"you will get a lot of improvement"

No, not really.
                  Especially not on a 32 meg card.
                  2x only reffers to AGP transfers, not the overall speed of the card. With games still not using AGP very much, and 32 meg of ram on the G400, AGP2x means almost nothing, except in 3DMark 99's large AGP texture benchmarks.
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hi Matt,

I am O/C-ing my P3-450 to 630 too. It seems that we can not use AGP 2X in this circumstances. I've tried to force the AGP into 2X using RegHack, it works, but after hours of operation some problem occur. The screen began to display several points of color. After I reset the AGP into default condition, the problem solved.

So it seems AGP 2X won't work for the FSB above 140MHz. (At FSB 133 MHz, I can still use AGP 2X).

In my experience, AGP 2X's performance is not too far away from AGP 1X.

Hoping this will help you.

Regards,
                    Picard.

P3-450@630, G400 MAX, SBLive!, 128MB PC100 RAM, IBM Deskstar 13.5GB 7200RPM UDMA66, Asus P3B-F.

Asus P3B-F, PIII-750 OC'd 900Mhz, 256MB PC133SDRAM, 2.0V, Stock Cooler, Matrox Millennium G400MAX, IBM DeskStar 60GB, Sound Blaster Live!, Cambridge Soundworks FPS1800, ViewSonic 17' PF775.

Comment

Thanks everyone :]

I will take all your information into consideration "I just like to have the choice".As Picard has said the possibillity of me getting my agp to run at X 2 is small and the speed advantages minimal but at least I know now!! :P

I do hope that we see the introduction of agp inhanced applications as it seems a waste of technology at the moment :[

Thanks people Matt {:O)

Comment

Hi Matt,

Your very most welcome ...:-)

I think we have to look at AGP 4X in the next Intel chipset (i820). Some friends of mine which work at Intel said that AGP 4X is a major upgrade for AGP 2X. We'll see ...:-))

Regards,
                        Picard.

PS :
                        Matt, have you ever tried to O/C-ed your P3-450 to 675MHz (FSB 150)? I've tried to do that, but it seemed my PC RAM won't work at that FSB ...:-(
                        Asus P3B-F, PIII-750 OC'd 900Mhz, 256MB PC133SDRAM, 2.0V, Stock Cooler, Matrox Millennium G400MAX, IBM DeskStar 60GB, Sound Blaster Live!, Cambridge Soundworks FPS1800, ViewSonic 17' PF775.

Comment

Hi Picard

To answer your question "yes" I have had my system clocked to 675 Mhz,But unfortunatly the Matrox card just cannot hack the pace :P

Perhapse if I get one of the new V4 pci cards I might be able to use the extra speed.

I get a Ziff davis cpu mark of 52.7 and a sisoft sandra cpu mark of 1850 and 911 which is very quick :P

At 630 I get ZD cpu mark 49.2 so you can see the difference !!! If only the G400 Max would go that little bit further hehehe "Oh well mussant Greumble" LoL {:O)

Picard have you had any experience with dvd dual head threw your TV as I am getting some frame rate fluctuations "It sort of stutters" any ideas ????? Laterz Matt {:O)

Comment

Working...
                          X